Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Grand Teton speed record Broken again

Have an interesting or epic climbing story? Post it here.

Grand Teton speed record Broken again

Postby crossfitter » Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:32 pm

A Grand Teton climbing ranger broke the recent speed record set 11 days ago by 59 seconds on Wednesday. We talked to a couple of people who saw him ran by, but didn't see him ourselves. We did however meet the blind climber mentioned in that article on her way down (at least I assume it was the same woman), very cool.

http://www.outsideonline.com/news-from-the-field/Grand-Teton-Record-Falls-Again.html
- A mountain is not a checkbox to be ticked
- Alpinism and mountaineering are not restricted to 14,000 foot mountains
- Judgment and experience are the two most important pieces of gear you own
- Being honest to yourself and others about your abilities is a characteristic of experienced climbers
- Courage cannot be bought at REI or carried with you in your rucksack

Re: Grand Teton speed record Broken again

Postby HuskyRunner » Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:05 am

Very cool! So Anderson now has the speed record for the Grand and Longs?
"I made up my mind not to care so much about the destination, and simply enjoy the journey." David Archuleta
"And if they get out there they see, son of a bitch, this is a beautiful planet." Jim Whittaker

Re: Grand Teton speed record Broken again

Postby rking007 » Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:31 am

Good gravy. All this record breaking lately and currently in progress makes me just laugh at my self! I can only rest in the knowledge that I'm climbing mountains for a totally different reason and then I can come back down to my own little earth and be happy once again with my body and the shape its in... :-D

Not that there's anything at all wrong with breaking records mind you... GO HOMIE!!!!!
- Stand at the crossroads and look; ask for the ancient paths, ask where the good way is, and walk in it, and you will find rest for your souls.