Making mistakes on Princeton

Have an interesting or epic climbing story? Post it here.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
jdorje
14ers: 12 
13ers: 27
Trip Reports (16)

Re: Making mistakes on Princeton

Post by jdorje »

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=sketch" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"I don't think about the past, and the future is a mystery. Only the present matters."
Tortoise1
14ers: 15 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Tortoise1 »

Ah, seemed that way to me too. My transmision felt the same way about it.
DeucesWild
14ers: 58  1 
13ers: 2
Trip Reports (0)

Post by DeucesWild »

Aug_Dog wrote: It reminded me that you must always be on guard on any alpine mountain, or even just the woods for that matter. Poke fun at that as you may, but godspeed - I hope you never trip, or make a completely and seemingly innocuous, human mistake that hands you more than you were prepared for.
The poke was not aimed at you specifically. But making Princeton into the boogerman just don't hunt with my dogs. It's a mountain, but a very easy one at that. You can get hurt on any mountain, or get caught in weather or by dark or by any other objective danger, usually but not always due to bad judgement. But the big P didn't do it to you. You made a mistake and you learned from it. That's how experience works.
Snowflakes, Uber Alles!

http://www.deuceIRA.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. Put the Douche in your FiDeuceiary needs today!!
Aug_Dog
14ers: 31 
13ers: 16
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Aug_Dog »

DeucesWild wrote:
Aug_Dog wrote: It reminded me that you must always be on guard on any alpine mountain, or even just the woods for that matter. Poke fun at that as you may, but godspeed - I hope you never trip, or make a completely and seemingly innocuous, human mistake that hands you more than you were prepared for.
The poke was not aimed at you specifically. But making Princeton into the boogerman just don't hunt with my dogs. It's a mountain, but a very easy one at that. You can get hurt on any mountain, or get caught in weather or by dark or by any other objective danger, usually but not always due to bad judgement. But the big P didn't do it to you. You made a mistake and you learned from it. That's how experience works.
boy, i'm really glad you are on this board to tell me what's what ... i'd be so lost without your insight ... lol

(you really can't help but be a dick, can you?)
Go get it
highpilgrim
14ers: 58 
13ers: 84 1
Trip Reports (1)

Post by highpilgrim »

Aug_Dog wrote:i'd be so lost without your insight ... lol
I'm sorry Auggie. You're right. Deuce stands corrected.

The Big P is a badass mountain full of bad mojo and evil twilight zone currents of danger from another dimension. These currents emanate from the radio towers and ancient bristlecone pine forest where the evil faeries live.

That forest real, and is cool and worth visiting if you're not scared take the risk. It's on the ridge to the west and has some trees that are 1800 years old.
Call on God, but row away from the rocks.
Hunter S Thompson

Walk away from the droning and leave the hive behind.
Dick Derkase
Floyd
13ers: 100
Trip Reports (35)

Post by Floyd »

highpilgrim wrote:

The Big P is a badass mountain full of bad mojo and evil twilight zone currents of danger from another dimension. These currents emanate from the radio towers and ancient bristlecone pine forest where the evil faeries live.

That forest real, and is cool and worth visiting if you're not scared take the risk. It's on the ridge to the west and has some trees that are 1800 years old.
The curtain is pulled on the Deuce!
"Athletes express themselves physically, this is their art. As an athlete, exhausting oneself on the field or or on the track or on the trail or on the mountain brings calm and satisfaction. Thrashing about… our expression." - Steve Gleason
12ersRule
13ers: 157
Trip Reports (4)

Post by 12ersRule »

Floyd wrote:
highpilgrim wrote:

I'm confused. Help me out Floyd!
I fall a lot
Trip Reports (0)

Post by I fall a lot »

Floyd wrote:
highpilgrim wrote:

Always disappointed when they pull the curtain. I prefer the magic.
Floyd
13ers: 100
Trip Reports (35)

Post by Floyd »

49ersRule wrote:I'm confused. Help me out Floyd!
HighPilgrim responded to the thread as Deuce but was logged in as himself.
"Athletes express themselves physically, this is their art. As an athlete, exhausting oneself on the field or or on the track or on the trail or on the mountain brings calm and satisfaction. Thrashing about… our expression." - Steve Gleason
12ersRule
13ers: 157
Trip Reports (4)

Post by 12ersRule »

Floyd wrote:
Ah, I didn't read it that way. I just saw it as HighPilgrim answering for Deuce, saying that he stands corrected.
bergsteigen
14ers: 58  52  18 
13ers: 538 100 12
Trip Reports (237)

Post by bergsteigen »

49ersRule wrote:
Floyd wrote:
Ah, I didn't read it that way. I just saw it as HighPilgrim answering for Deuce, saying that he stands corrected.
There have been hints... http://www.14ers.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 88#p441288

"Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports ... all others are games." - Ernest Hemingway (or was it Barnaby Conrad?)
Your knees only get so many bumps in life, don't waste them on moguls!
“No athlete is truly tested until they’ve stared an injury in the face and come out on the other side stronger than ever” -anonymous

http://otinasadventures.com @otina
Crusty
14ers: 55 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Crusty »

Floyd wrote:
highpilgrim wrote:

MENSA my ass. Deuce is an idiot. So is HighPilgrim.