Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

New Forum Look

Check here for updates to the forum and site.

Re: New Forum Look

Postby dannymiller15 » Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:26 pm

Bill,
The new format looks great! I really it. Thanks for all your work on this. =D>

Postby larkinrx2 » Thu May 24, 2012 8:31 pm

Bill,
i dont know if it happened with this upgrade but when you look at your own profile you used to be able to see the forum threads that you started instead of having to search by each post. Is there a way to get this back so i can see the old threads that i started without having to remember what i called them to do a search?
thanks
What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - That's all I need the ashtray, the remote control, the paddle game, and this magazine, and the chair and I don't need one other thing, except my dog.
[Shithead growls at him]
I don't need my dog.

Postby tmathews » Thu May 24, 2012 9:09 pm

larkinrx2 wrote:Bill,
i dont know if it happened with this upgrade but when you look at your own profile you used to be able to see the forum threads that you started instead of having to search by each post. Is there a way to get this back so i can see the old threads that i started without having to remember what i called them to do a search?
thanks

I don't remember being able to view threads that you started (exclusively), but you can always look at threads that you've either started or commented in through this link: search.php?search_id=egosearch

To find this -- when you're in a forum post (or the forum index page), simply mouse-over the down arrow in the upper right of the page (next to "Logout [ username ] " and click on "View your posts". Hope that helps!

Postby d_baker » Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:51 pm

tmathews wrote:
larkinrx2 wrote:Bill,
thanks

I don't remember being able to view threads that you started (exclusively), but you can always look at threads that you've either started or commented in through this link: search.php?search_id=egosearch

To find this -- when you're in a forum post (or the forum index page), simply mouse-over the down arrow in the upper right of the page (next to "Logout [ username ] " and click on "View your posts". Hope that helps!

Along the same lines as "View your posts", is there an option to 'view your posts' in just one particular thread? Such as the Music thread I've posted a few times, but I can't remember which songs I've posted before. If there was an option to see "view your posts in This topic" would/could be useful.

Postby USAKeller » Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:08 pm

d_baker wrote:Along the same lines as "View your posts", is there an option to 'view your posts' in just one particular thread? Such as the Music thread I've posted a few times, but I can't remember which songs I've posted before. If there was an option to see "view your posts in This topic" would/could be useful.

Darin - when I click on your name, then on 'view posts', I can 'search search within these results.' I typed in 'music' and up came all of your posts in that thread. I'm assuming you've already tried this?
All we are called to do is do the next right thing.

Postby d_baker » Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:21 pm

USAKeller wrote:
d_baker wrote:Along the same lines as "View your posts", is there an option to 'view your posts' in just one particular thread? Such as the Music thread I've posted a few times, but I can't remember which songs I've posted before. If there was an option to see "view your posts in This topic" would/could be useful.

Darin - when I click on your name, then on 'view posts', I can 'search search within these results.' I typed in 'music' and up came all of your posts in that thread. I'm assuming you've already tried this?

well...yeah....I tried that. of course I did. :oops: #-o
thanks!

Site Administrator

Postby BillMiddlebrook » Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:15 am

BillMiddlebrook wrote:19 Apr 2012: Please remember that you can still change back to the old (prosilver) layout but it will be removed eventually so I don't have to maintain more than one.

To avoid the maintenance of too many forum layouts, I've finally deactivated the old (prosilver) layout. To the 29 forum members who were still using it: Sorry.

I'm doing some housekeeping in preparation for a move to a different web hosting company this winter.
"There's no recess and no rules in the school of life" - D. Mustaine

Postby TravelingMatt » Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:03 pm

BillMiddlebrook wrote:To avoid the maintenance of too many forum layouts, I've finally deactivated the old (prosilver) layout. To the 29 forum members who were still using it: Sorry.

I'm still seeing what I thought was the "old" layout -- the one with the user info to the right of each post and the checklist totals shown without needing to mouse over them.

Unless what I'm seeing actually *is* the "new" layout, and in the time since you introduced the "new" layout, you brought back the "old" like these folks did...

So pleas'd at first the towering Alps we try,
Mount o'er the vales, and seem to tread the sky,
Th' increasing prospects tire our wand'ring eyes,
Hills peep o'er hills, and Alps on Alps arise!
-- Alexander Pope

Site Administrator

Postby BillMiddlebrook » Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:45 pm

It should have changed by now.
"There's no recess and no rules in the school of life" - D. Mustaine

Postby TravelingMatt » Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:49 pm

It has :|
So pleas'd at first the towering Alps we try,
Mount o'er the vales, and seem to tread the sky,
Th' increasing prospects tire our wand'ring eyes,
Hills peep o'er hills, and Alps on Alps arise!
-- Alexander Pope

Previous