Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

adding more pictures to TR's?

Check here for updates to the forum and site.

Re: adding more pictures to TR's?

Postby Derek » Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:55 pm

Ive noticed this for some time.

If you go to the main page, you'll see the photo count of the linked photos.
If you click on your name from your report on the main page (so it pulls up all your reports), you'll still see the photo count of the linked photos.
However, if you click on the "My Reports", the resulting page with all your reports will NOT show the linked photo count.

It's been like this for at least a couple years I'd say.

(So from what I can tell, only the author will see a blank for their linked photos, and only in the "My Reports" link.

--D
"I used to think my Dad was Elvis. But I haven't told him that yet. I haven't told my Dad either." -S. Murdoch
LOJ

Postby lackerstef » Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:59 pm

JayMiller wrote:To be honest, I find that with most TR's that have more than 10 or 12 pictures the author is just trying to show what a great photographer he or she is. A lot of the pictures of flowers, sceneries, or of themselves or friends that don’t actually add any information to the report. I appreciate a couple of nice views and a summit picture is always welcome, but even they should reveal some aspect of the climb.

Less means more? Like this?: http://www.14ers.com/php14ers/tripreport.php?trip=13067

Site Administrator

Postby BillMiddlebrook » Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:01 pm

Yup, I have it on my list to make "My Reports" use the library of code used in the main "Trip Reports" page but just haven't gotten to it.
Only SNOW will end the madness

Postby DanielL » Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:36 am

Aha - I activated the report and in the main TR page, the number of pictures showed up, just like you described.

Previous