Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Google Earth Master File

Check here for updates to the forum and site.
Site Administrator

Re: Google Earth Master File

Postby BillMiddlebrook » Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:32 pm

LtWitte wrote:The "DOWNLOAD AGREEMENT" page that pops up does not allow Netbook users to click "Agree" The agree button is too low and you can't move the agreement box up on the page in order to see it. Any advice people?

Stupid Javascript pop-ups. Let me see if I can put the text into a small box with scroll bars.

Thanks for the heads-up!
"There's no recess and no rules in the school of life" - D. Mustaine

Site Administrator

Postby BillMiddlebrook » Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:41 pm

Well I can't easily change the Javascript "confirm" message right now BUT hitting the Esc button on your keyboard is the same clicking the "Cancel" button on that popup and hitting Enter is the same as clicking "OK".

Since OK and CANCEL are the only options on that popup, you can make your choice using the keyboard if you can't see the buttons.

Sorry about that.

Postby mountaindude » Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:24 pm

Having trouble getting the file to run on the iphone. Any suggestions?

Site Administrator

Postby BillMiddlebrook » Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:11 am

mountaindude wrote:Having trouble getting the file to run on the iphone. Any suggestions?

I'm pretty sure the current version of Google Earth Mobile will not allow you to import KML or KMZ files directly.

Maybe someone else knows if it's possible?

Postby geojed » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:01 am

FYI for Topomaps app users: I have the "topomaps" app on my Iphone and I downloaded the kmz file to my computer and converted it to a GPX file. I then downloaded that to the Topomaps app and it looks awesome! I can't wait until the app supports routes!

P.S.: Fun facts to know and tell: I uploaded this GPX file into the Trimble Adventure Planner website and it calculated a total of 396,150 ft total gain :shock: and 439.88mi for ALL routes in this file.
Last edited by geojed on Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
• It's by getting away from life that we can see it most clearly... It's by depriving ourselves of the myriad of everyday experiences that we renew our appreciation for them...I've learned from my experiences in the mountains that I love life. — Dave Johnston
• Mountains are not climbed merely to reach a geographical location — but as personal and spiritual challenges to the participants. — David Stein
• The best climber in the world is the one who’s having the most fun.— Alex Lowe
• Why do I climb the mountain? Because I'm in love! — The Captain

Site Administrator

Postby BillMiddlebrook » Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:52 pm

I already have the bare-bones 14er and 13er .GPX files, so I just created a page for them:

Misc. GPS/Waypoints Files and placed it on the main pull-down menu of the site (under "Routes")

I also added the links on the Google Earth Master File page

Postby geojed » Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:51 pm

I have converted the Google Earth KMZ Master File to a GPX and you can download the whole she-bang (3.6MB) from this link. :D

http://www.trimbleoutdoors.com/downloadTrip.aspx?tripId=1462816&mode=gpx&secretLinkKey=490bdf56-ad41-4084-8184-bb3252c989aa

Or if you just want to view it all click on this link

http://www.trimbleoutdoors.com/ViewTrip.aspx?tripID=1462816&secretLinkKey=490bdf56-ad41-4084-8184-bb3252c989aa

A fun fact is that the mapping program says the stats for ALL the routes put together is: ~440mi and 396150ft elev gain :D
• It's by getting away from life that we can see it most clearly... It's by depriving ourselves of the myriad of everyday experiences that we renew our appreciation for them...I've learned from my experiences in the mountains that I love life. — Dave Johnston
• Mountains are not climbed merely to reach a geographical location — but as personal and spiritual challenges to the participants. — David Stein
• The best climber in the world is the one who’s having the most fun.— Alex Lowe
• Why do I climb the mountain? Because I'm in love! — The Captain

Previous