Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Thank You

Check here for updates to the forum and site.
Site Administrator

Thank You

Postby BillMiddlebrook » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:43 am

I want to thank everyone who 1) donated to 14ers.com, 2) purchased stuff through the store and 3) used those affiliate links this year. All of that paid for 2012 site expenses so I didn't have to shell out my own money on the site. This is the 3rd or 4th year in a row that 100% has been covered and I really appreciate it. More info on the Support page...

THANK YOU!

2012 is the first year with over 5 million visitors to the site and I've had to do some major upgrades to keep up with the volume. A few weeks ago, we migrated to a much larger server and added a secondary server for backups and site mirroring in case our primary server burns down. All of this costs money and the current support methods are working. Nice.

In 2013, I'll continue to do my best at running the site and adding more useful functionality. Ok, time to ski...
Only SNOW will end the madness

Re: Thank You

Postby Mountain Woman » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:55 am

Thanks for all you do, Bill.

Postby Kent McLemore » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:56 am

Thank you, Bill, for putting together and maintaining one helluva site. And congratulations for breaking the 5 million mark!
"Throw a loaf of bread and a pound of tea in an old sack and jump over the back fence." - John Muir

Postby Jay521 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:57 am

We are the ones who owe YOU thanks for putting your time and money into 14ers.com. I know that I am not alone when I say that this is one of the most useful sites I frequent - and I'm probably a chunk of the 5 million hits you had last year!

Thanks again, Bill!!!!
I take the mountain climber's approach to housekeeping - don't look down

Postby ameristrat » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:37 am

I see a foot of snow today in Breck - go enjoy it Bill!

Thanks for putting in so much of your time to maintain this site! We can't tell you how much we appreciate it.
You cannot stay on the summit forever; you have to come down again. So why bother in the first place? Just this: What is above knows what is below, but what is below does not know what is above. One climbs, one sees. One descends, one sees no longer, but one has seen. There is an art of conducting oneself in the lower regions by the memory of what one saw higher up. When one can no longer see, one can at least still know. - Rene Daumal

Postby powhound » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:41 am

Yeah...thanks Bill. Great site! My only complaint is that it sometimes takes up too much of my time, which pisses my wife off. :lol: Enjoy the pow at Breck this morning!

Postby SurfNTurf » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:56 am

Bill, thank you for taking the time to maintain 14ers.com and for everything else you do to benefit our little hiking community.
Many Miles to Go (Blog)

“There are two kinds of climbers: those who climb because their heart sings when they’re in the mountains, and all the rest.” - Alex Lowe

"There have been joys too great to describe in words, and there have been griefs upon which I cannot dare to dwell; and with those in mind I say, 'Climb if you will, but remember that courage and strength are nought without prudence, and that a momentary negligence may destroy the happiness of a lifetime. Do nothing in haste, look well to each step, and from the beginning think what may be the end.'" - Edward Whymper

Postby ThuChad » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:00 am

Awesome! I hope some of the site expenses include paying you for your time. If not, you're a better man than I. This site is priceless. Thanks!
I'm just pretending to be a poseur.

Postby geojed » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:10 am

=D> TYBM!!!!! =D>
• It's by getting away from life that we can see it most clearly... It's by depriving ourselves of the myriad of everyday experiences that we renew our appreciation for them...I've learned from my experiences in the mountains that I love life. — Dave Johnston
• Mountains are not climbed merely to reach a geographical location — but as personal and spiritual challenges to the participants. — David Stein
• The best climber in the world is the one who’s having the most fun.— Alex Lowe
• Why do I climb the mountain? Because I'm in love! — The Captain

Postby ulvetano » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:16 am

Much appreciated!

Postby MonGoose » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:26 am

Thank you Bill for running a great site and all you do in the 14er community.

Postby aliciaf » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:28 am

Thanks for all that you do Bill!!!

Next