Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Trip Report Photo Formatting

Check here for updates to the forum and site.
Site Administrator

Trip Report Photo Formatting

Postby BillMiddlebrook » Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:48 pm

NEW!
Format your photos within trip reports

I've added a formatting area on the TR Add/Edit pages so you can customize your photo borders/captions to avoid the bland, borderless, default look in your trip reports. I'm sure most of you would rather choose your photo borders instead of having me code some less-than-creative default, so feel free to pick your own! Using multiple borders, different border types and widths and a palette which includes millions of colors, you can pick a scheme that will be unique. For now, the borders are applied to all photos in your trip report but down the road, I hope to provide this functionality for each, individual photo.

I hope you find it useful and (as usual) if you encounter any problems using the new stuff, feel free to post in this thread.

Here are a few examples:

EDIT: As seen in the last two screenshots, I added an "Italics" option to the caption area.
Only SNOW will end the madness

Re: Trip Report Photo Formatting

Postby d_baker » Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:03 pm

I hope we don't see too many of the dotted frames!
I like the additional options though!

Bill, what do you think about having an option to center the photos instead of a left alignment?

Site Administrator

Postby BillMiddlebrook » Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:38 pm

Sure. I have a long list of changes I want to make to the TR formatting (including image left/center/right positioning and word-wrapping or not) but much of it will have to wait until I make some database changes that I've been putting off. My goal for this last round of enhancements was to get the photo border customization portion done and implemented. Now, before I overhaul the TR format, I need to get those changes done or I'll be adding a lot of re-testing.

Once I complete those changes, I'd also like to provide the new photo-format options at the individual photo level instead of all photos in the TR.

Postby TallGrass » Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:18 pm

d_baker wrote:I hope we don't see too many of the dotted frames!
You think they'd be any more popular if Bill changed the dots to snowflakes? Image Image Image :-"
Not sure if I'll do more 14ers. The trip reports are too tiring. :wink:

Postby d_baker » Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:27 pm

No.

Postby DeTour » Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:54 pm

Had trouble with the caption background color. Moving the slide bar didn't change the numeric color values, so it stayed stuck on black. I got it to work by copy/pasting values from one of the other color setting windows, but I'm guessing that's not the intended method. :)
when you come to a fork in the road, take it.

Site Administrator

Postby BillMiddlebrook » Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:59 pm

DeTour wrote:Had trouble with the caption background color. Moving the slide bar didn't change the numeric color values, so it stayed stuck on black. I got it to work by copy/pasting values from one of the other color setting windows, but I'm guessing that's not the intended method. :)

For the caption, it starts at #000000 so after moving the slider you must click a color on the left, in the large color box. That should get you a color selection