Rescue underway on Snowmass Mountain

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
wildlobo71
14ers: 58  5 
13ers: 88
Trip Reports (3)

Rescue underway on Snowmass Mountain

Post by wildlobo71 »

Praying for their safety... I know a few who are up there this weekend.

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_18541083
Bill W.

Time for the next great losing streak to begin.
#forcedrefocus
B_2
14ers: 57  1  3 
13ers: 304 17 7
Trip Reports (0)

Re: Rescue underway on Snowmass Mountain

Post by B_2 »

Prayers and positive thoughts to all parties involved!

(Threw me for a loop to see the report since I am on here to check on my post about Snowmass conditions earlier...GAH!)
Sleep?! Sleep when you're dead...
Update: I wrote that in 2008. Now I really love sleep - like, a lot.
doggler
14ers: 57  8 
13ers: 162 7
Trip Reports (25)

Post by doggler »

Not what I wanted to hear. Not to detract from the OP, but I find this extremely eerie as I just experienced my worst scare ever on Snowmass's west side yesterday.

My thoughts are with him.
Brian Thomas
14ers: 58  9 
13ers: 130
Trip Reports (5)

Post by Brian Thomas »

This is *not* SurfNTurf and dmccool who went for the summit today. I got a text about this and they are ok.
wildlobo71
14ers: 58  5 
13ers: 88
Trip Reports (3)

Post by wildlobo71 »

B-Thom wrote:This is *not* SurfNTurf and dmccool who went for the summit today. I got a text about this and they are ok.
Those were the guys I knew, as well... glad to hear it's not them; prayers still out there for whomever it is.
Bill W.

Time for the next great losing streak to begin.
#forcedrefocus
sevenvii
14ers: 44  1 
13ers: 73
Trip Reports (2)

Post by sevenvii »

Yep, oddly enough I was just going over my trip report from last year when they had to fly off a climber from Snowmass. Hope all parties involved are ok, and speedy recovery!
ChrisinAZ
14ers: 58  14 
13ers: 36
Trip Reports (12)

Post by ChrisinAZ »

B-Thom wrote:This is *not* SurfNTurf and dmccool who went for the summit today. I got a text about this and they are ok.
Good to know it wasn't them, though any injury in the mountains is unfortunate. Hope the rescue went well and the individual involved recovers quickly.
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason."
— Jack Handy

Mah peaks
tmathews
Trip Reports (0)

Post by tmathews »

doggler wrote:Not what I wanted to hear. Not to detract from the OP, but I find this extremely eerie as I just experienced my worst scare ever on Snowmass's west side yesterday.
Glad you're okay, Sean....
Phill the Thrill
14ers: 58  4 
13ers: 60
Trip Reports (6)

Post by Phill the Thrill »

Tragic accident. My thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends.

http://www.realaspen.com/article/735/Sn ... Sean-Wylam" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Everyone wants to live on top of the mountain, but all the happiness and growth occurs while you're climbing it." - Andy Rooney
dcbates80911
14ers: 32  1 
13ers: 9
Trip Reports (20)

Post by dcbates80911 »

Sad news...Another one this year. Article from KRDO in Colorado Springs. "seanw" on this site. Doesn't look like he posted too much. Condolences to his family!!!

http://www.krdo.com/news/28652054/detail.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
There is a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot.
Phill the Thrill
14ers: 58  4 
13ers: 60
Trip Reports (6)

Post by Phill the Thrill »

Looks like this is 14ers.com member seanw. Such very sad news.
"Everyone wants to live on top of the mountain, but all the happiness and growth occurs while you're climbing it." - Andy Rooney
denvermikey
14ers: 51 
13ers: 166
Trip Reports (12)

Post by denvermikey »

Terrible. RIP. Hate hearing these. If nothing else, it might be a sober reminder for all of us to always be careful at all times. My condolences.
"Every man dies, not every man really lives" - William Wallace
"Because it's there" - George Mallory
"In the end it's not the years in your life that count, it's the life in your years" - Abraham Lincoln
"You only live once but if you do it right, once is enough" - Mae West
"Climb mountains not so the world can see you, but so you can see the world." - David McCullough Jr.