Thank You; You're My Heroes!

Dogs, dogs and even some cats
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
Sharon Billings
Trip Reports (0)

Thank You; You're My Heroes!

Post by Sharon Billings »

Just a word of thanks from a total stranger for your heroic deed in rescuing the stranded German Shepard recently. You are my heroes for life.
MtHurd
14ers: 57  4 
13ers: 29
Trip Reports (0)

Re: Thank You; You're My Heroes!

Post by MtHurd »

Wow, very refreshing, for once 14ers.com wasn't blamed for something. :)
ChrisRoberts
14ers: 12 
13ers: 10
Trip Reports (0)

Post by ChrisRoberts »

Barry Raven wrote:Wow, very refreshing, for once 14ers.com wasn't blamed for something. :)
Is that a challenge?
Some rise, some fall, some climb to get to terrapin
NoCoChris: Now with less Colorado!
djoTX2012
Trip Reports (0)

Post by djoTX2012 »

I looked up Ortolani, and to me at least, this barely post-pubescent imbecile has no business taking a dog into harm's way. If appearances are any indication, he needs to move back in with mom and dad (if he ever moved out that is) until he grows the hell up. I own a 115# King Shepherd, and I would never be so stupid as to take her somewhere that might hurt her.

I also want to thank everyone who assisted in the rescue of this animal. It is my hope that Ortolani spends about 90 days in jail and loses the pup, and be forbidden from owning another until he can manage to demonstrate some small measure of adult maturity and decision-making capability.

Idiot....
MonGoose
14ers: 58  16  17 
13ers: 51 11 1
Trip Reports (16)

Post by MonGoose »

It appears Yahoo readers are registering with 14ers.com to add in their two cents on Missy (aka Lucky). This could be the beginning of total meltdown.
Last edited by MonGoose on Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MtHurd
14ers: 57  4 
13ers: 29
Trip Reports (0)

Post by MtHurd »

djoTX2012 wrote:I looked up Ortolani, and to me at least, this barely post-pubescent imbecile has no business taking a dog into harm's way. If appearances are any indication, he needs to move back in with mom and dad (if he ever moved out that is) until he grows the hell up. I own a 115# King Shepherd, and I would never be so stupid as to take her somewhere that might hurt her.

I also want to thank everyone who assisted in the rescue of this animal. It is my hope that Ortolani spends about 90 days in jail and loses the pup, and be forbidden from owning another until he can manage to demonstrate some small measure of adult maturity and decision-making capability.

Idiot....
ChrisRoberts
14ers: 12 
13ers: 10
Trip Reports (0)

Post by ChrisRoberts »

djoTX2012 wrote:I looked up Ortolani, and to me at least, this barely post-pubescent imbecile has no business taking a dog into harm's way. If appearances are any indication, he needs to move back in with mom and dad (if he ever moved out that is) until he grows the hell up. I own a 115# King Shepherd, and I would never be so stupid as to take her somewhere that might hurt her.

Idiot....
I suspect you wish the abandoner would follow your precedent of adult maturity, huh. Kinda ironic, really.
Some rise, some fall, some climb to get to terrapin
NoCoChris: Now with less Colorado!
rijaca
14ers: 58  4 
13ers: 244 1 2
Trip Reports (1)

Post by rijaca »

Idiot....
Take a hike!
"A couple more shots of whiskey,
the women 'round here start looking good"
djoTX2012
Trip Reports (0)

Post by djoTX2012 »

Actually, I have nothing to do with AO-Hell. I run a national and world news aggregate webforum, and one of my members posted this story today. I can count on the fingers of one hand the number of sites I've ever registered with to make a comment. This is one of those. My children are both grown, and my pups are my "kids" now. I can't imagine being so stupid as to place them in harm's way, just as I would never have placed my children thus.
Attachments
DSC00507A.JPG
DSC00507A.JPG (101.57 KiB) Viewed 4645 times
DSC00256A.JPG
DSC00256A.JPG (119.6 KiB) Viewed 4645 times
BillMiddlebrook
Site Administrator
14ers: 58  46  19 
13ers: 172 44 37
Trip Reports (2)

Post by BillMiddlebrook »

MonGoose wrote:It appears Yahoo readers are registering with 14ers.com to add in their two cents on Missy (aka Lucky). This could be the beginning of total meltdown.
Nah. I disabled registration for now and I'm sure everything will calm down when those readers have their Friday night beer! :lol:
"When I go out, I become more alive. I just love skiing. The gravitational pull. When you ski steep terrain... you can almost get a feeling of flying." -Doug Coombs
rijaca
14ers: 58  4 
13ers: 244 1 2
Trip Reports (1)

Post by rijaca »

djoTX2012 wrote:Actually, I have nothing to do with AO-Hell. I run a national and world news aggregate webforum, and one of my members posted this story today. I can count on the fingers of one hand the number of sites I've ever registered with to make a comment. This is one of those. My children are both grown, and my pups are my "kids" now. I can't imagine being so stupid as to place them in harm's way, just as I would never have placed my children thus.
And this site is about mountain climbing, something which you apparently know nothing about. Kids and dogs climb mountains every day without harm. This very unfortunate incident is the rare exception.
"A couple more shots of whiskey,
the women 'round here start looking good"
djoTX2012
Trip Reports (0)

Post by djoTX2012 »

rijaca wrote:And this site is about mountain climbing, something which you apparently know nothing about. Kids and dogs climb mountains every day without harm. This very unfortunate incident is the rare exception.

I understand. And yes, you're right. I just travel the country by motorcycle, something that's far more mundane than what you all engage in. I appreciate the opportunity to make my comment (which I stand by, incidentally), and will leave you all in peace.

And thanks so much for organizing and taking such rapid action to save that pup.