Thank You; You're My Heroes!

Dogs, dogs and even some cats
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
MonGoose
14ers: 58  16  17 
13ers: 51 11 1
Trip Reports (16)

Re: Thank You; You're My Heroes!

Post by MonGoose »

BillMiddlebrook wrote:
MonGoose wrote:It appears Yahoo readers are registering with 14ers.com to add in their two cents on Missy (aka Lucky). This could be the beginning of total meltdown.
Nah. I disabled registration for now and I'm sure everything will calm down when those readers have their Friday night beer! :lol:
Brilliant!
Kiefer
14ers: 58  39 
13ers: 317 24
Trip Reports (20)

Post by Kiefer »

BillMiddlebrook wrote:
MonGoose wrote:It appears Yahoo readers are registering with 14ers.com to add in their two cents on Missy (aka Lucky). This could be the beginning of total meltdown.
Nah. I disabled registration for now and I'm sure everything will calm down when those readers have their Friday night beer! :lol:
WORD 8)
MtHurd
14ers: 57  4 
13ers: 29
Trip Reports (0)

Post by MtHurd »

djoTX2012 wrote:I just travel the country by motorcycle, something that's far more mundane than what you all engage in.
Ran across this lady engaging in a mundane activity in Big Bend National Park. Can you believe that dog wasn't in a seat belt! Motorcycle riders are idiots!
DogonMotorcycle.jpg
DogonMotorcycle.jpg (309.77 KiB) Viewed 4078 times
djoTX2012
Trip Reports (0)

Post by djoTX2012 »

Agreed that anyone who "open carries" their dog(s) around is BEYOND brain dead. I've considered trailering mine behind the bike in an enclosed and locked trailer, but I've never seen one big enough for the two of them. I also feel that people that let their dogs ride unsecured in the back of pickup trucks should be bitch-slapped upside the head. But that's just me.

Anyway, I'll bow (wow?) out and let you folks have your forum in peace. Thanks for listening.
MonGoose
14ers: 58  16  17 
13ers: 51 11 1
Trip Reports (16)

Post by MonGoose »

So djoTX2012, you gonna come to Colorado and check out a few mountains?
Navigaiter
14ers: 46 
13ers: 49
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Navigaiter »

SilverLynx wrote:Will someone please put an end to this madness?! :wft: 14ers.com is at an all-time low.
I respectfully disagree, SilverLynx. I think it's at an all-time high. Through the site, a dog was rescued, and yes, there have been some inane comments made and a lot of passion and childishness behind those comments, but if you eliminate the lowest common denominators, it's just a bunch of people coming to the defense of Missy.

And to be fair, I myself made some heated remarks, though I tried to show some restraint.
zdero1
14ers: 58  1 
13ers: 85 1
Trip Reports (0)

Post by zdero1 »

Bill- Thanks for ceasing registration for awhile. The last thing this site needs is for it to resemble a Yahoo! comments section. As bad as things can get on this forum, it's nothing compared to a Yahoo! comments section =D> =D> =D>
djoTX2012
Trip Reports (0)

Post by djoTX2012 »

MonGoose wrote:So djoTX2012, you gonna come to Colorado and check out a few mountains?

Actually, I spent most of my life in Oregon, and have been through Colorado many times. Rode the bike across Wolf Creek Pass (among others) and have always loved the state (Except for Denver and Pueblo - heh). I could easily see myself living there. It's one of the greatest states in the nation IMO.

BTW, I can't stand it when cyberstalkers lookup people's personal information and post it. I wouldn't do that, and just wanted to spleen-vent a bit because as a Shepherd owner, I have a particular soft spot for those fantastic dogs. (And as far as PETA is concerned, insert gagging emoticon here...)
MtHurd
Trip Reports (0)

Post by MtHurd »

djoTX2012 wrote:BTW, I can't stand it when cyberstalkers lookup people's personal information and post it.
What personal information did people post? I thought the dog owner himself posted his name.
pkripper
14ers: 27 
13ers: 5
Trip Reports (0)

Post by pkripper »

djoTX2012 wrote:
I looked up Ortolani, and to me at least, this barely post-pubescent imbecile has no business taking a dog into harm's way. If appearances are any indication, he needs to move back in with mom and dad (if he ever moved out that is) until he grows the hell up. I own a 115# King Shepherd, and I would never be so stupid as to take her somewhere that might hurt her.
Regardless of his actions that's a pretty big assumption based on a picture.
MtHurd
Trip Reports (0)

Post by MtHurd »

pkripper wrote:
djoTX2012 wrote:
I looked up Ortolani, and to me at least, this barely post-pubescent imbecile has no business taking a dog into harm's way. If appearances are any indication, he needs to move back in with mom and dad (if he ever moved out that is) until he grows the hell up. I own a 115# King Shepherd, and I would never be so stupid as to take her somewhere that might hurt her.
Regardless of his actions that's a pretty big assumption based on a picture.
O, I forgot about that post. Good point.
Fisching
14ers: 58  10 
13ers: 144 1
Trip Reports (13)

IT'S ALMOST FRIDAY. PLAN YOUR HIKE INSTEAD

Post by Fisching »

NO. We're not doing this for the bazillionth.

DERAILING...
Peter Aitchison on the risks of rock climbing and mountaineering: "That's life, isn't it? We think the challenge and satisfaction you get from doing this is worth the risks."
"Respect the mountain. Train hard. Hope you can sneak up when it isn't looking."
"The mind is always worried about consequences, but the heart knows no fear. The heart just does what it wants."