I like cats

Dogs, dogs and even some cats
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
itsallgood
14ers: 10 
Trip Reports (0)

Re: I like cats

Post by itsallgood »

mtn_hikin wrote:As a non-cat owner I hate it when I am hiking and someone has their cat off the leash. Not everyone wants your cat chasing their bootlaces or rubbing up against their leg purring while you are not paying attention or yelling "bootsie usually doesn't do that!"
Believe it of not it's actually the law in most parts of Colorado for cat owners to keep them on a leash when they are not on their property. And yes, I am the kind of neighbor that reports these things....mainly because Alamosa cats are rude and keep getting into my trash and not picking up after themselves!

This is a link to the law in Aurora.

http://www.abcbirds.org/abcprograms/pol ... ra_law.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

-Mandatory spay/neuter of all cats over six months of age,
unless owner purchases annual intact permit and/or
breeders permit. Medical exemptions can be offered;
-Requirement for all cats to be licensed and vaccinated
against rabies; and
-Cats must be confined to their owner’s property or
physically restrained when off the premises.
Started_14ers_in_2006
14ers: 19 
Trip Reports (1)

Post by Started_14ers_in_2006 »

My name is Sonja. I went to heaven in March of 2011 when I was 9 years old. My human was very sad for a long time, but I think she may be ready to give another kitty as much love as she gave to me!

I was an indoor kitty, so probably wouldn't have joined my human in climbing mountains. Especially since she didn't like it when I got dirty ;)
Attachments
Windblown trees 007 (300x225).jpg
Windblown trees 007 (300x225).jpg (117.48 KiB) Viewed 2411 times
I don't climb 14ers to race to the top, I climb them to GET to the top.
kansas
Trip Reports (4)

Post by kansas »

MonGoose wrote:
jameseroni wrote:
I think I went out with that girl.
We all have...
"In the end, of course, it changed almost nothing. But I came to appreciate that mountains make poor receptacles for dreams."
— Jon Krakauer
Kitten
14ers: 58  1  2 
13ers: 122
Trip Reports (24)

Post by Kitten »

Great subject.

This is our Mediterranean Kitty, he used to ride our kayak back then and go to the beach with us all the time. He became a Colorado cat since 2007, and he hates cold winters... oh well, will have to teach him how to ski...
Kitty in Almeria 2007
Kitty in Almeria 2007
Kitty at beach.jpg (17.32 KiB) Viewed 2430 times
Kitty in Almeria 2005
Kitty in Almeria 2005
Kitty on Kayak.JPG (33.94 KiB) Viewed 2430 times
"Do or do not, there is no try"
Yoda, Star Wars.