Climber Deceased On Crestone Peak

Threads related to Colorado mountaineering accidents but please keep it civil and respectful. Friends and relatives of fallen climbers will be reading these posts.
Forum rules
Please be respectful when posting - family and friends of fallen climbers might be reading this forum.
semitrueskerm
14ers: 58  4 
13ers: 6
Trip Reports (4)

Re: Climber Deceased On Crestone Peak

Post by semitrueskerm »

Such a roller coaster week....
I am so sorry. This is just awful. Prayers.
When we climb next, we will carry Chris's passion for the mountains...and spirit...with us.
The climbing community mourns.
hollamby
14ers: 58  2  2 
13ers: 7
Trip Reports (0)

Post by hollamby »

The Crestone area is a absolutely beautiful area, know he past away in a beautiful place, doing what he loved. I'm truly sorry for your loss.

Ryan
It is not the mountain we conquer but ourselves.
Edmund Hillary
haybo01
14ers: 37 
13ers: 4
Trip Reports (4)

Post by haybo01 »

Taylor, I am very, very sorry for your loss. Chris and I drove down to Humboldt peak last summer. What a wonderful man he was. I very much enjoyed the drive and the hike with Chris. I can't believe he is gone. You, Chris, and your family and friends will be in my prayers.
Perea
14ers: 58  7 
13ers: 150 1
Trip Reports (26)

Post by Perea »

God bless and so sorry for your loss. This is a heart breaking week.
JenGa
14ers: 58 
13ers: 27
Trip Reports (4)

Post by JenGa »

I did not know Chris, but once again, too soon I feel like we have lost a kindred spirit. I am so sorry.

-Jen
Somewhat of a Prick
14ers: 58  7 
13ers: 84
Trip Reports (17)

Post by Somewhat of a Prick »

Sorry to hear :cry:
14erFred
14ers: 51 
13ers: 1
Trip Reports (0)

Post by 14erFred »

May Chris rest in peace forever, and may Taylor and the rest of his family and friends find strength and comfort during this time of loss.
waltoncito
Trip Reports (1)

Post by waltoncito »

Taylor, Chris and I talked via PM about doing the Crestones last weekend but our dates didn't quite align. I never got a chance to meet him but after reading this thread I feel like I know a little bit about the kind of great person he was. My deepest condolences and prayers are with you and the rest of his family. We will all climb with Chris in our hearts. RIP Chris.
nyker
13ers: 25
Trip Reports (69)

Post by nyker »

Taylor,

I'm really sorry to hear this. I just logged on after getting home and was hoping to see some good news.

Condolences to you, your families and Chris' friends.

You're in all of our thoughts here and I'll be thinking of Chris on my upcoming climbs.

Rob
mountainjam
14ers: 58  2 
13ers: 124 1
Trip Reports (4)

Post by mountainjam »

Taylor, I am so sorry for your loss. This is just absolutely shocking, what a horrible week. You and your family will be in my prayers. May you find peace during this difficult time.
The future is no place to place your better days. - Dave Matthews
Wundermarmot
14ers: 5 
13ers: 1
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Wundermarmot »

Taylor, so sorry for your loss, my condolences to your family and friends. R.I.P. Chris
SeracZack
Trip Reports (0)

Post by SeracZack »

Taylor, I am so sorry for your loss. Chris and I had exchanged messages about climbing and hoped to be getting out quite often. Sadly, we never got the chance to meet up in person. In one particular case, he canceled climbing with me and said he was going snowshoeing with you. You are a huge part of his life, and it showed through even in his messages to me.

Chris, rest in peace my friend.

The world has lost a good man.
Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.
-Helen Keller