Crestone Peak Tragedy

Please, no analysis or debate in this sub-forum. This is for memorial threads only.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
vallejoclmbr
14ers: 51 
13ers: 1
Trip Reports (2)

Re: Crestone Peak Tragedy

Post by vallejoclmbr »

My heart is really heavy this morning

I have been on family vacation for the past week and haven't checked 14ers until just now

I had the privilege of climbing with Chris just a couple of weeks ago on 8/21. We summitted Castle & Conundrum together on a gorgeous morning in the Elks.

I can still remember celebrating with Chris at the top of both peaks and being really impressed with his knowledge about routes ect. from other peaks. It was evident that this site was a big part of his life. As we hiked Chris spoke fondly of everyone he had hiked with from this community. I remember him distinctly saying that he would want to go climbing with all of his past partners again.

Here's a pic of Chris on the summit of Castle
Attachments
IMG608.jpg
IMG608.jpg (301.16 KiB) Viewed 3182 times
Last edited by vallejoclmbr on Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
mtgirl
14ers: 58  2 
13ers: 104
Trip Reports (0)

Post by mtgirl »

Vallejoclmbr: You may want to see this thread as well.

http://www.14ers.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=37281" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away."
axbauer
Trip Reports (0)

Post by axbauer »

WOW! Such a beautiful picture of my husband. Thank you for sharing!!!
Paco
14ers: 45 
13ers: 10
Trip Reports (8)

Post by Paco »

Such a terrible loss. We are very vulnerable indeed. Thanks for sharing.
R.I.P.
Run far, climb high.