Fletcher+Atlantic+Pacific Combo?

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
carson_h
14ers: 58  2 
13ers: 64 6
Trip Reports (0)

Fletcher+Atlantic+Pacific Combo?

Post by carson_h »

I can't find any trip reports for a Fletcher+Atlantic+Pacific combo. Is the ridge between Fletcher and Atlantic really nasty? Any advice would be great, pictures would be even better. Thanks!
davebobk47
14ers: 58  3 
13ers: 130 1 4
Trip Reports (0)

Re: Fletcher+Atlantic+Pacific Combo?

Post by davebobk47 »

I believe it is in Dave Coopers book. The ridge from Fletcher to the Atlantic is described by Cooper as "arguably the most dangerous route in this guidebook"
"Mountains are not stadiums where I satisfy my ambition to achieve. They are the cathedrals where I practice my religion." -Anatoli Boukreev
lordhelmut
14ers: 50  21  5 
13ers: 300 60 1
Trip Reports (73)

Post by lordhelmut »

carson_h wrote:I can't find any trip reports for a Fletcher+Atlantic+Pacific combo. Is the ridge between Fletcher and Atlantic really nasty? Any advice would be great, pictures would be even better. Thanks!
Here's JBChalk's account of the Atlantic to Fletcher section.

http://www.14ers.com/php14ers/triprepor ... ki=Include
denvermikey
14ers: 51 
13ers: 166
Trip Reports (12)

Post by denvermikey »

The ridge between Fletcher and Atlantic has been called one of the more difficult traverses in the state. Roach's Thirteener's book doesn't even list the traverse as a viable option. This is not to say that it is not doable, just very difficult. I remember looking at the ridge on my way up the west side of Atlantic thinking that it would take a serious effort to traverse this...
I'll see if I can dig up a picture from my Atlantic climb.

-Mike
"Every man dies, not every man really lives" - William Wallace
"Because it's there" - George Mallory
"In the end it's not the years in your life that count, it's the life in your years" - Abraham Lincoln
"You only live once but if you do it right, once is enough" - Mae West
"Climb mountains not so the world can see you, but so you can see the world." - David McCullough Jr.
jbchalk
14ers: 58 
Trip Reports (54)

Post by jbchalk »

carson_h wrote:I can't find any trip reports for a Fletcher+Atlantic+Pacific combo. Is the ridge between Fletcher and Atlantic really nasty? Any advice would be great, pictures would be even better. Thanks!
Pacific to Atlantic is a breeze when compared to Atlantic to Fletcher. For Atlantic to Fletcher, see Helmut's reply above.
carson_h
14ers: 58  2 
13ers: 64 6
Trip Reports (0)

Post by carson_h »

lordhelmut wrote:
Here's JBChalk's account of the Atlantic to Fletcher section.

http://www.14ers.com/php14ers/triprepor ... ki=Include
Great trip report -- probably not a great fall/winter route for me :-D

thanks!!!
Greenhouseguy
14ers: 41  10 
13ers: 185 5
Trip Reports (71)

Post by Greenhouseguy »

Here's a shot of the Atlantic/Fletcher ridge, taken from Atlantic in September 2009. Looks like dragon's teeth:

"May your boulder be your blessing." - Aron Ralston
LetsGoMets
14ers: 58  5 
13ers: 132 6
Trip Reports (2)

Post by LetsGoMets »

Here is a shot of the ridge I took a few weeks ago from the West Ridge of Quandary.
Attachments
IMG_5715.JPG
IMG_5715.JPG (232.14 KiB) Viewed 830 times
CORed
14ers: 10  1 
13ers: 10 2
Trip Reports (1)

Post by CORed »

That stretch of ridge is called "The Rock Fountain" in Ormes' "Guide to the Colorado Mountains".