Indy Pass 13ers condtions

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
Eph 2 5
14ers: 43 
13ers: 94
Trip Reports (3)

Indy Pass 13ers condtions

Post by Eph 2 5 »

I was wondering if anyone knows how much snow there is on the 13ers just north of Independence Pass (Pt. 13,500 and Twining). I'd like to hike them in the next few days. I'm also interested in information about the snow conditions on Lackawanna. I'm assuming Independence Pass is open, but CDOT says "No Information". I think I read it was going to close Nov. 9th unless conditions force an earlier closure. Thanks in advance for your help.
cheeseburglar
14ers: 58  2 
13ers: 79 2 1
Trip Reports (8)

Re: Indy Pass 13ers condtions

Post by cheeseburglar »

People skied on Indy Pass on Friday after the storm. So you can probably still get there. The south facing slopes might have melted completely by now, don't know. The walk down to the saddle to Twining from 13,500 is pretty mellow but will probably still have some snow as it faces north.
Some day I'll figure out where Lackawanna is and climb it.
The marmot said “Nobody is perfect and you are not nobody.”

Random FoTH Quotes
Wyoming Bob
14ers: 58  7 
13ers: 105 3
Trip Reports (53)

Re: Indy Pass 13ers condtions

Post by Wyoming Bob »

Bull Hill looking toward Independence Pass, 11:30 Wednesday, 31 October.
Attachments
indypasspano.jpg
indypasspano.jpg (219.67 KiB) Viewed 567 times
Wyoming Bob
http://www.climbingwithbob.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Win some . . . lose some . . . CaSO4.2H2O.