Most ascents Capitol Peak?

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
12ersRule
14ers: 58 
13ers: 157
Trip Reports (4)

Most ascents Capitol Peak?

Post by 12ersRule »

Anyone know who claims the most ascents? I'm just curious. According to LoJ, it's only 4. I'm sure someone has been up more times than that.

Thanks.
Carl
14ers: 58  58 
13ers: 30
Trip Reports (32)

Re: Most ascents Capitol Peak?

Post by Carl »

You're definitely right that it's more than 4. 14ers member jcwhite lists 10 summits of Capitol on this site, 3 of which included ski descents.
gdthomas
14ers: 58 
Trip Reports (3)

Post by gdthomas »

If I'm not mistaken, Gerry Roach claims to have climbed all of the 14ers at least 10 times.
ameristrat
14ers: 58  6 
13ers: 30
Trip Reports (9)

Post by ameristrat »

Wouldn't be way too surprising if Roach had. Most mountains he has at least several route variations, and you've got to figure he probably did each of those multiple times to make sure he was accurate as possible for the book. Impressive with regard to all of the above - 10 ascents of Capitol?? Wow!
Jim Davies
14ers: 58  1 
13ers: 67
Trip Reports (5)

Post by Jim Davies »

Jim Gehres holds the record for most "laps" of the 14ers with 12.
http://scienceline.org/2012/08/taking-the-scenic-route/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

On Roach's site, he says he's climbed 49 of the ranked 14ers at least twice, with 250 total ascents. http://climb.mountains.com/Project_Isla ... 4ers.shtml" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Climbing at altitude is like hitting your head against a brick wall — it's great when you stop. -- Chris Darwin
I'm pretty tired. I think I'll go home now. -- Forrest Gump
mtnfiend
14ers: 34  14  2 
13ers: 181 58 6
Trip Reports (2)

Post by mtnfiend »

ameristrat wrote:...and you've got to figure he probably did each of those multiple times to make sure he was accurate as possible for the book.
One would think.....but I wouldn't bet on that.

Edit: Ah.....Jim beats me to it.
Didn't I ever tell you.....Bumble's bounce!!!

http://exploringtherockies.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.berthoudpass.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
@snow_nerd
Jim Davies
14ers: 58  1 
13ers: 67
Trip Reports (5)

Post by Jim Davies »

There's probably some guide in Aspen who's done it 50 times.
Climbing at altitude is like hitting your head against a brick wall — it's great when you stop. -- Chris Darwin
I'm pretty tired. I think I'll go home now. -- Forrest Gump
Doug Shaw
Trip Reports (5)

Post by Doug Shaw »

Jim Davies wrote:There's probably some guide in Aspen who's done it 50 times.
No way. Nobody could have climbed it that much without posting about it on here. People don't do things that they can't brag about on the internet, and they never have! :xST

(Wow, the previous post made my tongue-in-cheek post even tongue-in-cheekier... or at least it did before it was edited.)