Boulder Quad

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
Mindy
14ers: 14 
13ers: 25 1
Trip Reports (0)

Boulder Quad

Post by Mindy »

Has anyone here finished the Boulder Quad? Considering this to be a goal to finish with my family over the next few months and wondering if it is viable.

Any information appreciated.

Thanks!
bergsteigen
14ers: 58  52  18 
13ers: 538 100 12
Trip Reports (237)

Re: Boulder Quad

Post by bergsteigen »

Some have finished this quad, not me though. The biggest problem you will find is that many "peaks" are on private property.
"Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports ... all others are games." - Ernest Hemingway (or was it Barnaby Conrad?)
Your knees only get so many bumps in life, don't waste them on moguls!
“No athlete is truly tested until they’ve stared an injury in the face and come out on the other side stronger than ever” -anonymous

http://otinasadventures.com @otina
12ersRule
14ers: 58 
13ers: 157
Trip Reports (4)

Post by 12ersRule »

On Lists of John, there are 22 people who have finished the ranked peaks. Definitely a few of them post here.

http://listsofjohn.com/Quads/Quads.php?q=10586" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And 3 people who have finished everything in LoJ, but none that I know of that is here:

http://listsofjohn.com/PeakStats/QMap.p ... 12&t=u&P=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Derek
Trip Reports (57)

Post by Derek »

bergsteigen wrote:Some have finished this quad, not me though. The biggest problem you will find is that many "peaks" are on private property.
If I recall 3 of the 6 (ranked anyways) are private.

**edit: If you move one quad north (Lyons) there are some that are a bit more fun/interesting/public. (Well, kinda public...)
ChrisRoberts
14ers: 12 
13ers: 10
Trip Reports (0)

Post by ChrisRoberts »

Doesn't look too terrible, at least not with some climbing experience. Good luck!
Some rise, some fall, some climb to get to terrapin
NoCoChris: Now with less Colorado!
Mindy
14ers: 14 
13ers: 25 1
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Mindy »

Thanks everyone for the info and feedback! :)