Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Denver Happy Hour (December)

Need a climbing partner? Trying to form a hiking group for an outing?

Re: Denver Happy Hour (December)

Postby Scotzman » Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:04 pm

MonGoose wrote:
Scotzman wrote:Sounds fun, have to check the schedule; and try to make sure the 12:01 showing still happens. :)

You're telling me that you'll be standing in line at 6:00 for a midnight showing? ](*,)

What are you going to do, watch the entire Lord of the Rings trilogy on your iPhone while you're standing in line? Come have a beer with us!

Well no, not planning on waiting hours in line; maybe a Friday showing would be in order :) Yes, a beer and friendly banter sounds like a reasonable choice :-D
Scotzman
Every man dies, not every man really lives.
What we do in life echoes in eternity.

Postby MonGoose » Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:40 am

Scotzman wrote:
MonGoose wrote:
Scotzman wrote:Sounds fun, have to check the schedule; and try to make sure the 12:01 showing still happens. :)

You're telling me that you'll be standing in line at 6:00 for a midnight showing? ](*,)

What are you going to do, watch the entire Lord of the Rings trilogy on your iPhone while you're standing in line? Come have a beer with us!

Well no, not planning on waiting hours in line; maybe a Friday showing would be in order :) Yes, a beer and friendly banter sounds like a reasonable choice :-D

Excellent, I'll try to keep it friendly.

Postby semitrueskerm » Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:06 pm

As it so happens, I will likely be in Breck starting that Wednesday to ski (assuming we get snow...)
I'm thinking of driving over after Thursday skiing. Would love to meet up and sip from the Stanley Cup...

Postby MonGoose » Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:41 am

semitrueskerm wrote:As it so happens, I will likely be in Breck starting that Wednesday to ski (assuming we get snow...)
I'm thinking of driving over after Thursday skiing. Would love to meet up and sip from the Stanley Cup...

We'd love to have you semitrueskerm!

Postby SeracZack » Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:46 am

Wife out of town, I'm in for drinking beer.
Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.
-Helen Keller

Postby ameristrat » Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:47 am

I'll be there. LIGHTRAILLLLLLL
You cannot stay on the summit forever; you have to come down again. So why bother in the first place? Just this: What is above knows what is below, but what is below does not know what is above. One climbs, one sees. One descends, one sees no longer, but one has seen. There is an art of conducting oneself in the lower regions by the memory of what one saw higher up. When one can no longer see, one can at least still know. - Rene Daumal

Postby MtnChick » Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:18 pm

Glad to see Goldy is THEME ready!! \:D/
Attachments
Jolly Goldy.jpg
Jolly Goldy.jpg (98.48 KiB) Viewed 371 times

Postby SurfNTurf » Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:32 pm

1. I feel stalked.

2. That picture is too big.

3. I take no responsibility for anything that occurred after Hour Two of the Santa Claus Pub Crawl. This picture was taken well into Hour Four.
Many Miles to Go (Blog)

“There are two kinds of climbers: those who climb because their heart sings when they’re in the mountains, and all the rest.” - Alex Lowe

"There have been joys too great to describe in words, and there have been griefs upon which I cannot dare to dwell; and with those in mind I say, 'Climb if you will, but remember that courage and strength are nought without prudence, and that a momentary negligence may destroy the happiness of a lifetime. Do nothing in haste, look well to each step, and from the beginning think what may be the end.'" - Edward Whymper

Postby kansas » Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:00 pm

SurfNTurf wrote:
3. I take no responsibility for anything that occurred after Hour Two of the Santa Claus Pub Crawl. This picture was taken well into Hour Four.

So discussing hour 10 is out of the question? That's probably a good thing.
"In the end, of course, it changed almost nothing. But I came to appreciate that mountains make poor receptacles for dreams."
— Jon Krakauer

Postby geojed » Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:08 pm

kansas wrote:
SurfNTurf wrote:

So discussing hour 10 is out of the question? That's probably a good thing.

No. He just said that he doesn't take responsibility. That doesn't mean we can't still discuss it.... What a cute little elf!
• It's by getting away from life that we can see it most clearly... It's by depriving ourselves of the myriad of everyday experiences that we renew our appreciation for them...I've learned from my experiences in the mountains that I love life. — Dave Johnston
• Mountains are not climbed merely to reach a geographical location — but as personal and spiritual challenges to the participants. — David Stein
• The best climber in the world is the one who’s having the most fun.— Alex Lowe
• Why do I climb the mountain? Because I'm in love! — The Captain

Postby SurfNTurf » Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:27 pm

A reminder that the Happy Hour is NEXT THURSDAY, not tomorrow. Look forward to seeing y'all there.
Many Miles to Go (Blog)

“There are two kinds of climbers: those who climb because their heart sings when they’re in the mountains, and all the rest.” - Alex Lowe

"There have been joys too great to describe in words, and there have been griefs upon which I cannot dare to dwell; and with those in mind I say, 'Climb if you will, but remember that courage and strength are nought without prudence, and that a momentary negligence may destroy the happiness of a lifetime. Do nothing in haste, look well to each step, and from the beginning think what may be the end.'" - Edward Whymper

Postby BenfromtheEast » Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:42 pm

SurfNTurf wrote:
BenfromtheEast wrote:I'm in and claiming the free beer for first to respond!

I'll put a Milwaukee's Best Light in the fridge for you.

First of all, why do you drink that stuff? Don't you have a job?
Second, why do you drink it warm?
Nonetheless, thank you.

PreviousNext