!!!!Two items lost - reward if found!!!!

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
lafutura
14ers: 21  6 
13ers: 14
Trip Reports (0)

!!!!Two items lost - reward if found!!!!

Post by lafutura »

Had a bit of a frustrating day yesterday due to losing two beloved items at two separate points in the hike! Should anyone happen to find either, I am offering a reward...doesn't matter how many years elapse since this post.

1st item: Maui Jim sunglasses. They pretty much look like this: http://www.mauijim.com/palms.html?mj_framecolor=255" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Where lost: Between the jeep trail just off County Road 240 (heading up to Carbonate) and a gully - I can provide a topo for this if you're legitimately planning on heading out here (or are legitimately interested in finding my sunglasses and making money! Ha ha!)

2nd item: (and this is the one that really kills me, especially since it had a bunch of photos posted from the day): Canon Powershot G7 camera. It's in a black lowe alpine case that is just slightly larger than the camera itself. This was lost somewhere between the bottom of the descent from Lo Carb (near the descent from the saddle of Grizzly) and the gully below that. Once again, if you're legitimately going there and want a topo of the area, let me know. Reward for this too.

Yes, as many people have reminded me, I did leave with my life and all my limbs intact, but I am still super bummed that both of these items are gone. I mean, do marmots even know how to use cameras if you don't give them the manual to go with it?

Thanks, everyone!
CORed
14ers: 10  1 
13ers: 10 2
Trip Reports (1)

Re: !!!!Two items lost - reward if found!!!!

Post by CORed »

Well, if you do find the camera, and there are pictures on it that you didn't take, taken from a viewpoint rather close to the ground, that will answer your marmot question.