Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

looking to go do some ice

Need a climbing partner? Trying to form a hiking group for an outing?

looking to go do some ice

Postby davebks » Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:03 am

Hello all,
It seems my list of friends that like to do fun stuff is getting smaller every day. The more I progress in my alpine climbing the more they either dig deeper into rock, have more babies, or just plain got lazy on me.
So... I am throwing myself out there. I have been alpine climbing, have a history of rock (sport leads), and hike a ton still, but really want to get on some ice.

I am looking for someone who might want to go and do some simple ice climbing, or if you are going with friends and I could join in... I have all the gear (Quarks, boots, crampons, etc), no screws though or protection really aside from my sport rock rack, pickets, etc.

If you are interested PM me and we can chat. I am mostly free on weekends although if a great opportunity came up I could possibly take a day off work.
Thanks!

Re: looking to go do some ice

Postby Dave B » Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:56 am

I was thinking about headed up to the Chasm Lake/Columbine Falls area Sat or Sunday (depending which day is going to have best skiing). Might lead something on the WI 2-3 flow at Chasm Lake or set up TR on Columbine (WI 3+/4-). I also want to check conditions on Martha but have no plans to attempt it.

I've got a new pair of boots arriving today that I can't wait to test out!
"There is no cheating in climbing, only lying." - Semi-Rad

Postby Brian C » Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:39 am

Dave - Let me know how Martha looks. Also, would you mind snapping a few photos of Kieners for me? Thanks!!!
Brian in the Wild
Lists of John
"Nature never did betray the heart that loved her." - Wordsworth

Postby Dave B » Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:54 am

Brian C wrote:Dave - Let me know how Martha looks. Also, would you mind snapping a few photos of Kieners for me? Thanks!!!

Will do!
"There is no cheating in climbing, only lying." - Semi-Rad

Postby ThuChad » Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:03 pm

"Ice users initially suffer weight loss and insomnia because of the stimulation from the drug. It may produce highly excitable and agitated behavior with symptoms of acute psychosis. Severe paranoia, hallucinations, and impaired ability to speak coherently make its addicts temporarily indistinguishable from paranoid schizophrenics"
I'm just pretending to be a poseur.

“I stand here on the summit of the mountain. I lift my head and I spread my arms. This, my body and spirit, this is the end of the quest. I wished to know the meaning of all things. I am the meaning. I wished to find a warrant for being. I need no warrant for being, and no word of sanction upon my being. I am the warrant and the sanction. Neither am I the means to any end others may wish to accomplish. I am not a tool for their use. I am not a servant of their needs. I am not a sacrifice on their altars.” |Ayn Rand - Anthem

Postby gb » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:00 pm

If anyone is ever looking for a partner down South (Lake City, Gunny, Ouray, Silverton), I'm game. I can follow/TR pretty steep ice but just starting leading. Definitely a beginner at this sport, but it sure is fun. Hopefully the Lake City park is open this weekend.

Postby pills2619 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:26 pm

I know a guy...
They forget that some crisis is necessary to hone skill. "Near misses," those brief encounters with the reality of mortality, are great learning tools if properly approached. -Denali Climbers Guidebook

Postby davebks » Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:05 pm

Bunch of jokers on here.. haha.
Seriously though, keep me posted if anyone wants to get out. :wft:

Postby JonesyB » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:29 pm

I would like to get on more ice this season and am free Fridays and Saturdays. I've climbed mostly WI 2-3 with a few leads but I'd rather second. I would love to get on some harder stuff and maybe do some mulitpitch... I'm not picky though :)
Ninjas leave no trace