Making mistakes on Princeton

Have an interesting or epic climbing story? Post it here.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
DeucesWild
14ers: 58  1 
13ers: 2
Trip Reports (0)

Re: Making mistakes on Princeton

Post by DeucesWild »

Crusty wrote:MENSA my ass. Deuce is an idiot. So is HighPilgrim.
Le Grande Oiseau, that just tears me up.
bergsteigen wrote:There have been hints... http://www.14ers.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 88#p441288

That cat is always showing off. He just pm'ed me and agreed with Crusty. I'll fix him tonight for sure. Literally.
Snowflakes, Uber Alles!

http://www.deuceIRA.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. Put the Douche in your FiDeuceiary needs today!!
12ersRule
14ers: 58 
13ers: 157
Trip Reports (4)

Post by 12ersRule »

Dex wrote:Say it ain,t so Deuce!

They are saying that you have such a lonely life that you need to invent HighPilgrim so you aren't so alone.
Deuce created more than 1 character.
12ersRule
13ers: 157
Trip Reports (4)

Post by 12ersRule »

Dex wrote:
49ersRule wrote:

They are saying that you have such a lonely life that you need to invent HighPilgrim so you aren't so alone.
That is sad.
And here you thought Deuce was a Broncos fan the whole time. Sorry to disappoint.
Paula
13ers: 77
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Paula »

49ersRule wrote:

Rumor has it Deuce was only HighPilgrim half the time, he had another character the other 49% of the time...
justiner wrote:^^^ This person foods.
bergsteigen
14ers: 58  52  18 
13ers: 538 100 12
Trip Reports (237)

Post by bergsteigen »

Paula wrote:
49ersRule wrote:

Rumor has it Deuce was only HighPilgrim half the time, he had another character the other 49% of the time...
Life east of Colorado is boring, gotta do something, eh? :P
"Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports ... all others are games." - Ernest Hemingway (or was it Barnaby Conrad?)
Your knees only get so many bumps in life, don't waste them on moguls!
“No athlete is truly tested until they’ve stared an injury in the face and come out on the other side stronger than ever” -anonymous

http://otinasadventures.com @otina
kafka
Trip Reports (0)

Post by kafka »

Paula wrote:Rumor has it Deuce was only HighPilgrim half the time, he had another character the other 49% of the time...
Your percentages are off somewhat.
Dogs suck. Especially big stupid ones.
bergsteigen
14ers: 58  52  18 
13ers: 538 100 12
Trip Reports (237)

Post by bergsteigen »

kafka wrote:
Paula wrote:Rumor has it Deuce was only HighPilgrim half the time, he had another character the other 49% of the time...
Awww, the kitty has come out to play!
"Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports ... all others are games." - Ernest Hemingway (or was it Barnaby Conrad?)
Your knees only get so many bumps in life, don't waste them on moguls!
“No athlete is truly tested until they’ve stared an injury in the face and come out on the other side stronger than ever” -anonymous

http://otinasadventures.com @otina
DeucesWild
13ers: 2
Trip Reports (0)

Post by DeucesWild »

bergsteigen wrote:Awww, the kitty has come out to play!
That damn cat keeps getting around the parental controls. I apologize for his misguided behavior.
Snowflakes, Uber Alles!

http://www.deuceIRA.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. Put the Douche in your FiDeuceiary needs today!!
Paula
13ers: 77
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Paula »

kafka wrote:
Silly kitty, a half is a fraction, not a percent.
justiner wrote:^^^ This person foods.
DanaMac
14ers: 21 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by DanaMac »

To the OP, we were on Princeton that day with you all. We chatted a bit at the ice spot on the road where you parked, then we took off ahead of you. You later leapfrogged us on the trail, and we caught up with Jake and Sasha at their stopping point, and talked for a few. We met up with you on your descent from the summit as we were getting close.

During our descent, we noticed that the three of you were not together. Anna looks to have a pretty fast pace, up and down the mountain. We saw the two of you off the regular trail, and Jake and the pup were heading down the same trail we originally came up. It had looked like Jake/Sasha were walking slow, and I thought maybe Sasha was having issues walking, so we tried to hurry up our pace to catch up in case Jake needed help with her. But we never caught up, which surprised us as I thought we were moving pretty fast on the way down.

So we had some concerns that you all were having issues, but having never caught up, and seeing your vehicle gone, we figured you were all ok. Glad to hear you all made it, although with some confusion and miscommunication. Personally, the two of us had a GREAT day on Princeton!!! Number 14 for each of us.
bonehead
Trip Reports (0)

Post by bonehead »

I considered the Deuce as a friend/foe.
A small tribute.
ATT00015.jpg
ATT00015.jpg (28.85 KiB) Viewed 3791 times
Or maybe just this:
ATT00013.jpg
ATT00013.jpg (26.53 KiB) Viewed 3791 times
highpilgrim
13ers: 84 1
Trip Reports (1)

Post by highpilgrim »

bonehead wrote:I considered the Deuce as a friend/foe.
If you're prepared to drink beer with a liberal (mostly), I'll put in a good word for you with the Deuce, Pat. He told me he enjoyed sparring with you.
Call on God, but row away from the rocks.
Hunter S Thompson

Walk away from the droning and leave the hive behind.
Dick Derkase