Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Home Page maps/panos/pics/cams

Check here for updates to the forum and site.

Re: Home Page maps/panos/pics

Postby d_baker » Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:25 am

jdorje wrote:There are some cool 14er pictures. Who knew!?

Yup, I have my setting on the 14ers pix now, and have been enjoying seeing them!

Site Administrator

Postby BillMiddlebrook » Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:30 am

I'm glad someone's looking at them!

Right now only 200 14er page photos are flagged to be included in the random home page display but I'll try to select more.
Only SNOW will end the madness

Postby d_baker » Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:35 am

BillMiddlebrook wrote:I'm glad someone's looking at them!

Right now only 200 14er page photos are flagged to be included in the random home page display but I'll try to select more.

A nice pano of Sneffels and Friends jumped in the mix a bit ago. That's a nice one!

Site Administrator

Postby BillMiddlebrook » Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:16 am

scalba123 wrote:No more simple map?

I brought this map back and it can be found in the site pull-down menu, labeled "14er Map (Basic)". Now it ties in your peak checklist if you have one.

Postby d_baker » Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:45 pm

My guessing game is a bit off on some of the 14er pix that come up on the homepage. I should get out more. But in the mean time, will there be an identifier tag placed in the corners of the photos, similar to what's on the default homepage pans/etc?
I know I can click on the photo to find out, but one of your id tags are nice for quick/I want to know now! kind of satisfaction.

Site Administrator

Postby BillMiddlebrook » Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:56 am

d_baker wrote:

My guessing game is a bit off on some of the 14er pix that come up on the homepage. I should get out more. But in the mean time, will there be an identifier tag placed in the corners of the photos, similar to what's on the default homepage pans/etc?
I know I can click on the photo to find out, but one of your id tags are nice for quick/I want to know now! kind of satisfaction.

Done

Postby d_baker » Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:15 am

That's great Bill, thank you!

Site Administrator

Re: Home Page maps/panos/pics/cams

Postby BillMiddlebrook » Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:12 pm

And now the following options are available on home page "Display Settings"

National Weather Service
CDOT Road Conditions Map

I would only recommend embedding one of these in your 14ers.com home page if you have a fairly large computer screen.

Again, to make one of these options the default on your 14ers.com home page:
Click the ImageDisplay Settings link on the home page (top right when logged in) and change the option on the display settings page...

Postby d_baker » Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:54 pm

I like the new pano on top of the page behind the logo. Looks good! And I like how it changes from an Elk pano (on homepage) to a Chi-Basin group view (a view of Eolus) while on the forum index page. Little viewing tweaks like this are nice!

Postby MonGoose » Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:59 pm

d_baker wrote:I like the new pano on top of the page behind the logo. Looks good! And I like how it changes from an Elk pano (on homepage) to a Chi-Basin group view (a view of Eolus) while on the forum index page. Little viewing tweaks like this are nice!

I agree, the new header looks very sharp.

Postby SilverLynx » Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:02 pm

MonGoose wrote:
d_baker wrote:I like the new pano on top of the page behind the logo. Looks good! And I like how it changes from an Elk pano (on homepage) to a Chi-Basin group view (a view of Eolus) while on the forum index page. Little viewing tweaks like this are nice!

I agree, the new header looks very sharp.

Definitely looks great! Love it. :-D I like that a picture of Eolus is taunting me.
"I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear."
~Nelson Mandela

"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma - which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition."
~Steve Jobs

Postby TakeMeToYourSummit » Sat May 24, 2014 1:24 pm

Hey Bill!
I like all the different home page image options currently offered. One option that has changed that I miss is the panos without names. Any chance you could add this additional option (like 13ers.com has)... I like to quiz myself. Thanks for all you do for us here!
I'm horrible with names...
But will never forget a mountain's face!

Previous