Longs Peak Webcam Time Lapse

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
nicholasblee
14ers: 1 
Trip Reports (0)

Longs Peak Webcam Time Lapse

Post by nicholasblee »

After seeing that the webcam was moved (to a much better location), I wrote a little server script to grab the image every 10 minutes then threw them all into a video to see what it would look like (I left out the night shots as you can't see anything). This is from Jan. 5th to Jan. 15th. YouTube link for fullsize
ChrisRoberts
14ers: 12 
13ers: 10
Trip Reports (0)

Re: Longs Peak Webcam Time Lapse

Post by ChrisRoberts »

Very cool! Thanks for posting this
Some rise, some fall, some climb to get to terrapin
NoCoChris: Now with less Colorado!
kushrocks
14ers: 58  25 
13ers: 65 2
Trip Reports (5)

Post by kushrocks »

Wow man that is awesome. So cool you did that. Watching the weather roll in is unreal!!!
I Man
14ers: 58  49 
13ers: 74 7
Trip Reports (30)

Post by I Man »

What Ryan said. A fine tribute to my favorite mountain. Thanks for posting!!
Steve Climber
14ers: 27  3 
13ers: 30
Trip Reports (11)

Post by Steve Climber »

Very cool! Funny how isolated some of the clouds were. Clear view from camera, but entire cirque was socked in.
Dave B wrote:And/or line thy helmet with tin foil and realize this is a freaking mountaineering website.
Steve Climber wrote:So that's your backpack, huh?
JamesW
14ers: 37  3 
13ers: 20
Trip Reports (0)

Post by JamesW »

Very nice, I didn't know it had a webcam. Your work will be great for know what to expect up there. Are ou planning on keeping it going?
cybrhikr
Trip Reports (0)

Post by cybrhikr »

Very cool!Will be viewing it again.Thanks for the good job!
nicholasblee
14ers: 1 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by nicholasblee »

JamesW wrote:Very nice, I didn't know it had a webcam. Your work will be great for know what to expect up there. Are ou planning on keeping it going?

Yeah I'll keep it going and make a longer video of the entire winter or something.