Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Humboldt Conditions Post-Storm

Colorado 14er peak questions and conditions should be posted here. 14er Trip Reports

Humboldt Conditions Post-Storm

Postby altius33 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:15 am

Hi all,

My buddy and I want to try the east ridge of Humboldt- probably within the next two weeks. I haven't done Humboldt, but I have heard the east ridge is decent after some pretty good bushwacking and snowshoeing.How bad is the snow pack? I know the east ridge tends to not have too much avy danger, but I want to play it safe with the fresh snow that just hit the ground.

Any updates would be appreciated thanks!

Re: Humboldt Conditions Post-Storm

Postby awilbur77 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:06 am

Unless you are off route or have very weird snow loading due to wind, then you really have nothing to worry about. This route is usually wind swept above the trees. Worry more about the tedious trail breaking and harsh winds here.

Postby awilbur77 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:12 pm

BTW - Another 14ers member and myself are planning on doing this route on Saturday 3/2. I may go down the night before and hike to a camp... not sure yet. You are welcome to join. Shoot me a PM if you are interested.
"Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing." - Hellen Keller
http://awilbur77.blogspot.com/

Postby awilbur77 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:31 am

Apparently, I broke my leg and dislocated my right ankle. Guess mountains are going to have to wait.

Postby altius33 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:09 pm

Hi,

Wow, sorry to hear that. We were actually planning to do it the week after you guys were. What happened? Did you break it climbing?

Thanks for the help!