What are your Summer 13er goals?

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
Mark A Steiner
14ers: 3 
13ers: 11
Trip Reports (0)

Re: What are your Summer 13er goals?

Post by Mark A Steiner »

Am planning for Sniktau first, then we'll see what time and resources permit. Forty years ago in June this was my 2nd 13er, so one goal to plan for is using digital photography to share the experience with others who, like me, haven't the time to summit as much as desired.
Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatever state I am, therewith to be content - Paul the Apostle.
Like it or not, I am a slow driver. Putt ... putt ... putt ...
Good day.
MatB
14ers: 22  1  1 
13ers: 98 4 1
Trip Reports (3)

Post by MatB »

Goal is 50 summits, ranked or unranked.

I'd like to make two trips to the San Juans, hopefully getting 10 from that area.

Besides that, it is pretty wide open. I plan to visit every range and would love to get my wife out with me as much as possible (conflicting schedules).

Also plan to make a run up to the Wind River Range, with Lizard Head in mind but I visited the Cirque of the Towers area last summer so I may venture into something new.
"Man. Because he sacrifices his health in order to make money. Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health. And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived,'"
- Dalai Lama, when asked about what surprises him the most about humanity
Corndiggs
13ers: 12
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Corndiggs »

Hopefully a couple couloir climbs in the spring; Boudoir on Horseshoe and the Edwardian.

West Ridge of Dyer and East Ridge of Pacific this summer would be nice but knocking out half of my remaining 14ers takes precedence once the snow melts, for me.
Can't Get No Higher!

"Home grown, Colorado's own. Colorado bred, Colorado to the bone. Colorado dread, I got Colorado soul and I'm gonna rep Colorado everyone that I go!" - Quintessential