RJansen77 Leadville Marathon Memorial Run

Please, no analysis or debate in this sub-forum. This is for memorial threads only.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.

On June 29, 2013 I will be:

Running Leadville Marathon
42%
Running Leadville Heavy Half
33%
There for support in the form of Dales/food/cheering/etc.
24%

Total votes: 33
Upstate Hiker
Trip Reports (0)

Re: RJansen77 Leadville Marathon Memorial Run

Post by Upstate Hiker »

Its training time.

Who's in?
Bean
14ers: 45  45  10 
13ers: 9 4
Trip Reports (27)

Post by Bean »

Upstate Hiker wrote:Its training time.

Who's in?
Averaged over 40mpw last month, mostly flat though. DST starts in a week and then it's really on.
"There are no hard 14ers, but some are easier than others." - Scott P
http://throughpolarizedeyes.com
wildlobo71
14ers: 58  5 
13ers: 88
Trip Reports (3)

Post by wildlobo71 »

If you are interested in figuring out a team approach for the relay run we are organizing, please PM me and let me know. I'd like to get them a fairly set number of runners by the middle of this month so we can work on shuttling and other logistics.
Bill W.

Time for the next great losing streak to begin.
#forcedrefocus
metalmountain
14ers: 42  1  2 
13ers: 26
Trip Reports (1)

Post by metalmountain »

I have a half in Moab next week, but once I get back I would love to get some longer weekend training runs in with some folks. Anybody down to meet in the Morrison/Golden area for some trail runs?
"I found that nothing truly matters, that you cannot find for free." - The Gaslight Anthem
Tempelton
14ers: 52 
13ers: 92
Trip Reports (1)

Post by Tempelton »

I am probably not running the Leadville Marathon, but maybe, ya never know (unless it's full). I am thinking about doing the Golden Gate Dirty 30. Anyways, I'd love to meet with some 14ers folks for some trail running in the Denver area.
Derek
Trip Reports (57)

Post by Derek »

My offer is still open for people to join me Wednesday mornings around 630AM for trail running. Two routes I usually do are Green Mt. (from east TH) or Mathew/Winter-Dakota Ridge Combo from Mathew Winter parking. Usually put together 8-10 miles, 1200 or so feet.

I'm not fast..10-11 MM overall avg, counting power hiking the steep sections.

--D
Katherineanne98
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Katherineanne98 »

I have been looking for a Leadville-based running club lately... Not the race, just the town in general. If anyone wants to join me (or make it into a social event!!) I am working towards half marathon distances and plan on finally doing something longer than the BolderBoulder this summer.

Can't wait for the temps to rise, so I can get off the treadmill. : )
Bean
Trip Reports (27)

Post by Bean »

Katherineanne98 wrote:Can't wait for the temps to rise, so I can get off the treadmill. : )
It was plenty warm for a run at 5am today. I'll be dressed a bit differently for this afternoon's run, though.
Bean
Trip Reports (27)

Post by Bean »

Fletch wrote:Overachieving these days Mike... impressed.
Don't be too impressed, I'm blowing off this afternoon for a few reasons.
Woodie Hopper
14ers: 58 
13ers: 75
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Woodie Hopper »

I'm in for the marathon. Looking forward to hopefully meeting some of you there, if not @ Collegiate Peaks or other Leadville runs.

Woodie
mbourget
Trip Reports (0)

Post by mbourget »

metalmountain wrote:I have a half in Moab next week, but once I get back I would love to get some longer weekend training runs in with some folks. Anybody down to meet in the Morrison/Golden area for some trail runs?
I'm running the half and am definitely down to meet around golden for some trail runs. Feel free to shoot me a PM

Matt
Those scientists better check their hypotenuses.
FireOnTheMountain
14ers: 53  1  23 
13ers: 269 29
Trip Reports (23)

Post by FireOnTheMountain »

Well all registered up for the full. If anyone wants to get in some runs I would be more than happy to. Got the Golden Gate Dirty 30 to train for also.

I frequent the Boulder area often and will soon be venturing out to Golden once the West Corridor rail opens in April (don't like to drive to my running spots, use a bus/bike combo).

EDIT: What we should do is get a little gathering together. Since we got the extra daylight this is the time to start hittin the trails hard....
Everyday is a G r A t E f U L Day here in the ID...?