Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

RJansen77 Leadville Marathon Memorial Run

Please, no analysis or debate in this sub-forum. This is for memorial threads only.

On June 29, 2013 I will be:

Running Leadville Marathon
42%
Running Leadville Heavy Half
33%
There for support in the form of Dales/food/cheering/etc.
24%

Total votes : 33

Re: RJansen77 Leadville Marathon Memorial Run

Postby Upstate Hiker » Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:30 am

Its training time.

Who's in?

Postby Bean » Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:51 am

Upstate Hiker wrote:Its training time.

Who's in?

Averaged over 40mpw last month, mostly flat though. DST starts in a week and then it's really on.
gdthomas wrote:Bean, you're an idiot.

http://throughpolarizedeyes.com

Postby wildlobo71 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:17 pm

If you are interested in figuring out a team approach for the relay run we are organizing, please PM me and let me know. I'd like to get them a fairly set number of runners by the middle of this month so we can work on shuttling and other logistics.
Bill W.
Yes, I have my Scotch.

Postby metalmountain » Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:54 am

I have a half in Moab next week, but once I get back I would love to get some longer weekend training runs in with some folks. Anybody down to meet in the Morrison/Golden area for some trail runs?
"The greatest battle is not physical but psychological. The demons telling us to give up when we push ourselves to the limit can never be silenced for good. They must always be answered by the quiet, steady dignity that simply refuses to give in. Courage. We all suffer. Keep going." - Graeme Fife

"I found that nothing truly matters, that you cannot find for free." - The Gaslight Anthem

Postby Tempelton » Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:18 pm

I am probably not running the Leadville Marathon, but maybe, ya never know (unless it's full). I am thinking about doing the Golden Gate Dirty 30. Anyways, I'd love to meet with some 14ers folks for some trail running in the Denver area.

Postby Derek » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:39 pm

My offer is still open for people to join me Wednesday mornings around 630AM for trail running. Two routes I usually do are Green Mt. (from east TH) or Mathew/Winter-Dakota Ridge Combo from Mathew Winter parking. Usually put together 8-10 miles, 1200 or so feet.

I'm not fast..10-11 MM overall avg, counting power hiking the steep sections.

--D
"All dolled up in gabardine..."

Postby Katherineanne98 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:08 pm

I have been looking for a Leadville-based running club lately... Not the race, just the town in general. If anyone wants to join me (or make it into a social event!!) I am working towards half marathon distances and plan on finally doing something longer than the BolderBoulder this summer.

Can't wait for the temps to rise, so I can get off the treadmill. : )

Postby Bean » Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:10 pm

Katherineanne98 wrote:Can't wait for the temps to rise, so I can get off the treadmill. : )

It was plenty warm for a run at 5am today. I'll be dressed a bit differently for this afternoon's run, though.

Postby Bean » Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:16 pm

Fletch wrote:Overachieving these days Mike... impressed.
Don't be too impressed, I'm blowing off this afternoon for a few reasons.

Postby Woodie Hopper » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:15 pm

I'm in for the marathon. Looking forward to hopefully meeting some of you there, if not @ Collegiate Peaks or other Leadville runs.

Woodie

Postby mbourget » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:27 pm

metalmountain wrote:I have a half in Moab next week, but once I get back I would love to get some longer weekend training runs in with some folks. Anybody down to meet in the Morrison/Golden area for some trail runs?

I'm running the half and am definitely down to meet around golden for some trail runs. Feel free to shoot me a PM

Matt

Postby FireOnTheMountain » Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:31 pm

Well all registered up for the full. If anyone wants to get in some runs I would be more than happy to. Got the Golden Gate Dirty 30 to train for also.

I frequent the Boulder area often and will soon be venturing out to Golden once the West Corridor rail opens in April (don't like to drive to my running spots, use a bus/bike combo).

EDIT: What we should do is get a little gathering together. Since we got the extra daylight this is the time to start hittin the trails hard....
Everyday is a G r A t E f U L Day here in the CO

PreviousNext