Colorado Wolves Reintroduction

Items that do not fit the categories above.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
XterraRob
14ers: 42  7 
13ers: 14
Trip Reports (4)

Re: Colorado Wolves Reintroduction

Post by XterraRob »

Advocates for wolves should lobby to outlaw free range cattle in Colorado, that'll teach those ranchers! :x
RIP - M56
Re-introduce Grizzly Bears into the Colorado Wilderness™
Bigtruckerman
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Bigtruckerman »

wmanke13 wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 8:55 am https://coloradosun.com/2023/12/01/colo ... ber-eight/

How long until the population is large enough to expand across the entire state? How large of a population could the state support, and how large will the government let the population get before they interfere?

I'm excited about this.
You'll be excited until you meet a pack of wolves in the wilderness! This is not a good thing for the 14er hiker who does a lot of hiking in the wilderness like me. I am now thinking of packing a gun for protection. We are now losing cattle and a wolf was just killed in elbert county from Minnesota.
When the wolves start tearing up our kids then we'll realize the mistake we made. Oh and wolves kill by disembowled ( tearing out the stomach) so you're still alive!
supranihilest
14ers: 58  42 
13ers: 738 2 8
Trip Reports (118)

Post by supranihilest »

Bigtruckerman wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:16 am
wmanke13 wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 8:55 am https://coloradosun.com/2023/12/01/colo ... ber-eight/

How long until the population is large enough to expand across the entire state? How large of a population could the state support, and how large will the government let the population get before they interfere?

I'm excited about this.
You'll be excited until you meet a pack of wolves in the wilderness! This is not a good thing for the 14er hiker who does a lot of hiking in the wilderness like me. I am now thinking of packing a gun for protection. We are now losing cattle and a wolf was just killed in elbert county from Minnesota.
When the wolves start tearing up our kids then we'll realize the mistake we made. Oh and wolves kill by disembowled ( tearing out the stomach) so you're still alive!
The other day a big man, serious man, he came to me and said "Sir!" and oh the tears in his eyes, big, strong man, he said - and believe me, I went to Madison Area Technical College, good school, great college, some even say the best - he said "Sir! There are millions of wolf attacks every day, sir!" and I said I have a great idea, everybody is saying it, I know it, you know it, because I have many great ideas, the most perfect ideas in history, and - you know, I once had the idea to build a wall around Mexico, a tremendous wall - great nation, by the way, Mexico, except some of them are rapists and criminals, but you see I really like President Orbrador of Mexico, consider him a friend and he greatly respects me and he once said "those wolves, they're a real problem for you up in the United States" - but actually he said Los Estados Unidos, that's a funny Spanish word for United States, better in English - and he said "we watch every day as millions of great Coloradans are killed by wolves, a real tragedy" and I get messages like this from all over the world and all over the political spectrum, what a terrible problem these wolves are, and only ONE SIDE!, one side, people, only one side wants to fix the problem, and so I had this idea, why don't we create a Forest Force to take out these wolves before they destroy Colorado, killing millions - did you hear that?, millions, not a hoax number like one or two attacks like they would have you believe - and this Forest Force, which I came up with, they'll be armed to the teeth with Boeing, Colt, Sidewinder, all made in America, and we'll send them into the forest to wolf hunt - not like all these fake news witch hunts against me, your favorite forum poster, Ben Feinstein, can you believe it? - and we'll send them into the forest to kill all the wolves and stop these criminal wolves who are just destroying America and there's no cattle in any other states because of all the wolves, it's a real problem people, let me tell you. MAKE COLORADO GREAT AGAIN!
HikerGuy
14ers: 58 
13ers: 490 8
Trip Reports (9)

Post by HikerGuy »

I'm excited about this.
Wolves are afraid of humans. Unless the grizzly bear returns to Colorado, there is only one animal to fear...a moose. And you can avoid those. Give 'em a wide berth or they will f**k your s**t up.
SkaredShtles
Trip Reports (0)

Post by SkaredShtles »

I'm excited about this.
JFC.jpg
JFC.jpg (15.01 KiB) Viewed 1096 times
BillMiddlebrook
Site Administrator
14ers: 58  46  19 
13ers: 173 45 37
Trip Reports (4)

Post by BillMiddlebrook »

I'm excited about this.
Ha! After a long drive the last few days, I needed a dumb post like this to snap me back to reality.
Dave B
Trip Reports (9)

Post by Dave B »

Number of people killed by lightning each year in North America: 21
Number of people killed by wolves in North America over the entirety of recorded history: 21

Clearly, a gun needs to become part of the 10 essentials so we can shoot the lightning when we get those late starts on 14ers during the summer.
Make wilderness less accessible.
rijaca
14ers: 58  4 
13ers: 244 1 2
Trip Reports (1)

Post by rijaca »

The wolves one should be afraid of....

"A couple more shots of whiskey,
the women 'round here start looking good"
twhalm
14ers: 57  2 
13ers: 48
Trip Reports (2)

Post by twhalm »

supranihilest wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:57 am

I'm excited about this.
The other day a big man, serious man, he came to me and said "Sir!" and oh the tears in his eyes, big, strong man, he said - and believe me, I went to Madison Area Technical College, good school, great college, some even say the best - he said "Sir! There are millions of wolf attacks every day, sir!" and I said I have a great idea, everybody is saying it, I know it, you know it, because I have many great ideas, the most perfect ideas in history, and - you know, I once had the idea to build a wall around Mexico, a tremendous wall - great nation, by the way, Mexico, except some of them are rapists and criminals, but you see I really like President Orbrador of Mexico, consider him a friend and he greatly respects me and he once said "those wolves, they're a real problem for you up in the United States" - but actually he said Los Estados Unidos, that's a funny Spanish word for United States, better in English - and he said "we watch every day as millions of great Coloradans are killed by wolves, a real tragedy" and I get messages like this from all over the world and all over the political spectrum, what a terrible problem these wolves are, and only ONE SIDE!, one side, people, only one side wants to fix the problem, and so I had this idea, why don't we create a Forest Force to take out these wolves before they destroy Colorado, killing millions - did you hear that?, millions, not a hoax number like one or two attacks like they would have you believe - and this Forest Force, which I came up with, they'll be armed to the teeth with Boeing, Colt, Sidewinder, all made in America, and we'll send them into the forest to wolf hunt - not like all these fake news witch hunts against me, your favorite forum poster, Ben Feinstein, can you believe it? - and we'll send them into the forest to kill all the wolves and stop these criminal wolves who are just destroying America and there's no cattle in any other states because of all the wolves, it's a real problem people, let me tell you. MAKE COLORADO GREAT AGAIN!
What an incredibly brave statement.

You've swayed me. I am now terrified of wolves and from now on it is the only issue I care about when voting.
BB_ME
Trip Reports (0)

Post by BB_ME »

That guy complaining about millions of wolve attacks. He can't spell. He means "wife" attacks.
XterraRob
14ers: 42  7 
13ers: 14
Trip Reports (4)

Post by XterraRob »

BB_ME wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:23 pm That guy complaining about millions of wolve attacks. He can't spell. He means "wife" attacks.
RIP - M56
Re-introduce Grizzly Bears into the Colorado Wilderness™
cedica
Trip Reports (0)

Post by cedica »

XterraRob wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:52 pm
BB_ME wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:23 pm That guy complaining about millions of wolve attacks. He can't spell. He means "wife" attacks.
It's a play on words, Datsun-san. Like saying "Volvo attacks".