Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Black Friday/Cyber Monday Deals?

Info on gear, conditioning, and preparation for hiking/climbing. Gear Classifieds
Site Administrator

Re: Black Friday/Cyber Monday Deals?

Postby BillMiddlebrook » Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:41 pm

If you'll be ordering gear online from REI, STP, Backcountry, Bent Gate or EMS, please help me out by using the affiliate links on the home page.

More info...

Thanks!
Only SNOW will end the madness

Postby herdbull » Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:33 pm

Here's a great price on some BD Sabretooth crampons. Enter CYBER and get them shipped to your door for around $115.

http://www.o2gearshop.com/catalog/advanced_search_result.php?sort=2a&keywords=black%20diamond&cPath=1&lp=100&hp=200&page=2

Postby DurangoJenn » Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:46 pm

Chicago Transplant wrote:If anyone is planning a winter ascent in Chicago Basin, you can get BOGO tickets through 8pm Friday, but you have to book by phone or in person to get the deal: 1-888-TRAIN-07

On November 23 from 8:00am until 8:30pm only, buy one Standard Class ticket and get one free! Valid for trips booked to ride the Cascade Canyon Train for any date January 3- March 9, 2013. (Not valid for special events. Cannot be combined with any other discounts.) Valid for phone or in-person purchases only; not available online

http://www.durangotrain.com/ride-us/cascade-canyon-winter-train

Piggybacking on this, although not officially a BF/CM deal, season passes are on sale for 2013 for $139 and if you buy one before Feb. 28, 2013, you get two complimentary buddy passes. That's a great deal for a small group planning to go into the Chicago Basin next year being as the fare for one adult is $87.98 and that's not taking into account the $10 backpack fee, which is waived for season pass holders.

http://www.durangotrain.com/ride-us/2013-season-pass

http://www.durangotrain.com/wilderness-access

Postby Doug Shaw » Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:07 pm

We've manufactured a de facto holiday for spending money you don't have on stuff you don't need. #-o

God bless America.

</grump>

Postby Crusty » Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:12 pm

+1 to Doug Shaw's post.

Amazing that it's almost all dudes posting on a shopping thread.

Postby oldschoolczar » Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:56 am

Not sure it was a holiday deal, but I snagged a Mountain Hardwear Hunker Down Parka for $129.99 from Rock Creek. Regular price is $250.00. Also snagged some Dragon goggles from Steepandcheap.. only $24.. regular price $80-120. I'm feeling awfully proud of myself! =D>
"Tonight I'll shave the mountain
I'll cut the hearts from pharoahs"
-Tom Waits

Postby MonGoose » Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:38 am

Doug Shaw wrote:We've manufactured a de facto holiday for spending money you don't have on stuff you don't need. #-o

God bless America.

</grump>

It's your patriotic duty to perpetuate the system.

Postby SilverLynx » Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:41 am

Doug Shaw wrote:We've manufactured a de facto holiday for spending money you don't have on stuff you don't need. #-o

God bless America.

</grump>
Attachments
FightClub.jpg
FightClub.jpg (26.58 KiB) Viewed 388 times
"I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear."
~Nelson Mandela

"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma - which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition."
~Steve Jobs

Postby J-RockandRockpile » Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:23 am

[quote="MonGoose"][quote="Doug Shaw"]We've manufactured a de facto holiday for spending money you don't have on stuff you don't need. #-o

quote]

And interestingly enough it is on the days immediately following a day where we give thanks for the things we have.

(also see Valentines Day for another extremely stupid holiday, oh and Christmas too. The only part I enjoy about Christmas is family, friends, food and beer a.k.a. Thanksgiving Act II)
I have been to the top of the mountain, and it is good

Postby Trudger » Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:24 pm

Everything 40% off at First Ascent today.

Postby Johnson » Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:06 am

Went through 14ers last night to Sierra Trading Post. Got snow shoes for me, running shoes for my wife as well as a pair of casual shoes. We saved $250 over retail. That was about at 60% savings. You get them when they have their additional 35% off and 99 cent shipping. Tough to beat.
In his hand are the depths of the earth; the heights of the mountains are his also. - Psalm 95:4

"I would be doing myself a disservice and every member of this band if I didn't perform the hell out of this." - Gene

Postby ThuChad » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:51 am

Crusty wrote:+1 to Doug Shaw's post.

Amazing that it's almost all dudes posting on a shopping thread.

My bad. I didn't realize it was against man law to get a deal on some gear via the interwebs.
I'm just pretending to be a poseur.

PreviousNext