Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

What are your Summer 14er goals?

Items that do not fit the categories above.

Re: What are your Summer 14er goals?

Postby Delorean_Man » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:19 am

jdawud wrote:My goal is to summit all 58 of the 14ers as a thru-hike. I'll be starting on Culebra and (hopefully) ending on Longs. It'll be about 1200 miles and take around 60 days. It's going to be grueling and fun!

www.14ersthruhike.com

That would be an amazing hike!!!

I'm hoping to hit Grays in June. An easy one in July I can tale my 6 yo son on and my mom and dad are going to hit Mt Elbert.
I would rather sit on a mountain and think about God than sit in church and think about the mountains.

Postby Tornadoman » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:49 am

jdawud wrote:My goal is to summit all 58 of the 14ers as a thru-hike. I'll be starting on Culebra and (hopefully) ending on Longs. It'll be about 1200 miles and take around 60 days. It's going to be grueling and fun!

www.14ersthruhike.com

Looks awesome! I can't wait to follow your progress. Good luck!

Postby djkest » Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:28 am

My goal this year is to finish the 14ers (58) along with my Climbing Partner Scott, finishing on Capital Peak with my parents and some friends in the basin down below.

In the process we hope to do the Wilson group in 1 trip, 3rd of the 4 great traverses. Possibly Pyramid and Snowmass in 1 trip, Maybe Huron and Antero in the same day.

"Only" 9 left to go but they are mostly difficult and far away. After we are "done" I am going to be done climbing mountains at least for 2013- my wife has put up with me being gone enough the last couple years.

Number one goal I guess this year is to be safe.
Life is a mountain, not a beach.
Exploring and Wine, my personal blog

Postby scalba123 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:00 am

Reaching double digits on 14er summits. Only three more to go.

Postby Lemmiwinks » Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:26 am

www.14ersthruhike.com

You should post your intended route so all of us can pick it apart, criticize it, and say how we could do it better. After all, that's our favorite thing to do.

In all seriousness, that sounds awesome. Best of luck and we'll enjoy following your progress.
“If you're bumming out, you're not gonna get to the top, so as long as we're up here we might as well make a point of grooving." -Scott Fischer

Postby SeracZack » Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:17 am

Lemmiwinks wrote:

www.14ersthruhike.com

You should post your intended route so all of us can pick it apart, criticize it, and say how we could do it better. After all, that's our favorite thing to do.

In all seriousness, that sounds awesome. Best of luck and we'll enjoy following your progress.

Already done: http://www.14ers.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=38324
Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.
-Helen Keller

Postby jdawud » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:37 pm

Hey guys, thanks for the encouragement. I'm certainly excited to get out there this summer!
Junaid 'Speshul 41' Dawud
www.14ersthruhike.com

Postby sheller » Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:32 pm

Sunlight, Windom, Eolus

With my boys-
San Luis, Huron, Antero, Wetterhorn, Uncompahgre, Challenger, Kit Carson

Postby swdishfishhoarder » Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:16 pm

Mt. Elbert, just to say I've done it, and Longs for sure. Also the Chicago basin and its 14ers. My biggest goal for the summer is to hike the entire Colorado Trail. Along the Trail I plan to hike at least San Luis peak but may hike another one or two.
If I have time (which I should) I would also like to hike Wetterhorn, Uncompahgre, Sneffels, Crestone needle, Capitol, and Pyramid

Postby paully » Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:47 pm

Got 8 more, on the 2-year plan. 4 this year and 4 next. Hoping to make it back to the Wilsons this summer.

Postby sunny1 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:51 am

I hope to "finish" the 14ers this year, for the 1st round. It's been a multi-year adventure.
N Maroon and Mt of the Holy Cross remain.
If all goes as planned, will finish on Mt of the Holy Cross for myself and finish a deceased buddy's 14er list there simultaneously.

There are soooo many peaks in my mind to climb, surprised my melon hasn't exploded!

Not much of a list person, like to climb whatever appeals, for whatever reason.
Looking forward to exploring some new areas this year! :-D
The older you get, the better you get, unless you're a banana.

Postby My-Therapy » Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:39 am

June: Harvard, San Luis, Lindsay

July: Redcloud, Sunshine, Handies, Wetterhorn, Castle & Connundrum, Huron (repeat for 3rd time)

Aug: Kit Carson & Challenger, Missouri (repeat)

Sept. Blanca & Ellingwood, Longs (2nd attempt), Snowmass?

PreviousNext