14er Routes ‹ Alternate Routes
Alternate 14er Route "Wish List"
14ers.com is looking for experienced climbers to created alternate route descriptions for the Online Guidebook. If you have a good knowledge of one or more of the routes listed below, and would like to contribute to the site, please PM me through the forum. The main goal is to add route descriptions that provide high-quality, detailed assistance to those seeking information about a route. Substance is more important that style in this case, so I'm not necessarily looking for good writers (just look at my route descriptions!). I realize that several people may ask to contribute the same route, so please don't be offended if someone else is assigned to a route. Please, only offer to help if your serious about writing one or more of the routes. Also, consider the following requirements:
1) A solid knowledge of the route from at least one
climb. This is a tough one. Some people can climb a route 3 times and not
remember important details that can make a difference. And there are those
that can climb that route once and remember the important areas (trail
junctions, milestones, crux points, exposure areas, etc.) that are key
to a quality route description.
2) 10-30 recent photos that will provide readers with relevant photos throughout the climb. The number of photos for a route will depend on it's complexity, difficulty and length.
3) The ability to added route lines to a photo, similar to those already on the site. This could be a simple paint program, but programs like Adobe Photoshop make the task much easier.
4) Mapping software is not required. If you can bring in a Topozone or other Internet map and draw the route line on it, I can convert it to a USGS map image for use on the site. Also, if you don't have software to generate a route profile, I can add the profile.
5) A willingness to work with me if there are things we have to tweak before (and after) it's added to the site.
6) As the author, your forum username will be displayed at the top of the route description.
7) You are 18 years of age or older.
Here's the initial list of routes I'd like to get on the site. If the route name is red, the listed author is set to create that route description.:
Copyright © 2012 14ers.com®, 14ers Inc. All Rights Reserved.