Thank you Mr. Middlebrook!

Items that do not fit the categories above.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
sanjuanmtneer
14ers: 58 
13ers: 664
Trip Reports (2)

Thank you Mr. Middlebrook!

Post by sanjuanmtneer »

I see in the Colorado Fourteeners Initiative (CFI) Annual Report I got last week that our venerable Mr. Middlebrook has made a donation to CFI for 19 years! Last year he was in the "54 Club", which is a donation of $1000-$2499. Thank you Bill, those mountains certainly need our help. I'll be sending my annual donation today! =D>
And my mind was made up,
To climb all the mountains,
Now my body's laid up,
And the night advances.
And time is dear.
(With deference to John Dillon)
Alpineair
Trip Reports (1)

Re: Thank you Mr. Middlebrook!

Post by Alpineair »

Yes indeed thank you to Bill and all those volunteers with the CFI. =D>
Also a reminder that today is Co. Gives Day and your donation will be matched by Delta Dental by using the code/coupon DeltaDental2021.
Adverse conditions may exist-CDOT
ltlFish99
14ers: 49  3  2 
13ers: 51
Trip Reports (0)

Post by ltlFish99 »

Thanks to Bill, CFI, all the volunteers and people on this site who continue to remind myself and others of all of the wonderful things people do to help others.
Ptglhs
14ers: 58  8 
13ers: 86 3
Trip Reports (4)

Post by Ptglhs »

Are the CFI volunteer days still typically held over weekends or are there any weekdays available?
two lunches
14ers: 37  2 
13ers: 59
Trip Reports (0)

Post by two lunches »

Ptglhs wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:49 pm Are the CFI volunteer days still typically held over weekends or are there any weekdays available?
i've looked into this every year for a while and they have historically offered lots of options, both on weekdays and over weekends. volunteer opportunities should be posted in the spring :)
Last edited by two lunches on Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
“To walk in nature is to witness a thousand miracles.” – Mary Davis
BillMiddlebrook
Site Administrator
14ers: 58  46  19 
13ers: 172 44 37
Trip Reports (2)

Post by BillMiddlebrook »

20! It was CO Gives Day today. :)

For those of you who might be interested, we also do an annual 14ers.com+CFI work weekend each summer, organized by our own MonGoose (Nick G.). It’s experienced climbers from the 14ers.com community which helps the CFI crews a bunch because they don’t have to hold our hands much during the work and know we won’t have problems working high on a trail. The team size is limited but if you’re interested, look out for info in the spring or message Nick.
"When I go out, I become more alive. I just love skiing. The gravitational pull. When you ski steep terrain... you can almost get a feeling of flying." -Doug Coombs
bsargeant1
14ers: 30  3  3 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by bsargeant1 »

Thanks to everyone for their continued support of CFI!

For those inquiring about volunteer opportunities, we typically host a handful of single-day projects during the week and even more multi-day projects on weekends (Thurs-Sun). Volunteering with CFI requires no prior experience or certifications. Our paid seasonal staff that lead these projects have WFA and sometimes WFR certifications. The only real requirement to volunteer is that you must be 14 years of age or older. Feel free to shoot me an email if you have any additional questions!

We will post our volunteer opportunities around mid-March. Keep an eye on our social media pages or sign up for our email newsletter at www.14ers.org

Best,

Brian Sargeant
brian@14ers.org
Colorado Fourteeners Initiative
Development and Communications Manager
Trotter
14ers: 58  5 
13ers: 220 2 8
Trip Reports (10)

Post by Trotter »

the CFI volunteer positions fill up very fast when they open up.
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Nelson Mandela
Whenever I climb I am followed by a dog called Ego. -Nietzsche