2022 Goals

Items that do not fit the categories above.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
dpage
14ers: 58  2 
13ers: 28 3
Trip Reports (1)

Re: 2022 Goals

Post by dpage »

More RMNP peaks and Flatirons classics for Colorado.
Some Virginia 4000'+ summits
Ironman 70.3 Virginia's Blue Ridge hoping for under 5 hours
greenonion
14ers: 50  1 
13ers: 2
Trip Reports (0)

Post by greenonion »

HikesInGeologicTime wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 8:47 pm Rather than give the cosmos another chance to mock me, I'm going to adapt some writing advice I heard about story ideas to stating goals: keep all of 'em between you and whatever medium you're committing them to. The best part to talk about them is after they're done.

Much luck to everyone less plagued by superstition than I!
2022 goal for GOnion (or whenever it may occur): Read a book that Geo eventually writes :-D
I Man
14ers: 58  49 
13ers: 74 7
Trip Reports (30)

Post by I Man »

Lately Ultra running has taken over my focus, so for 2022 my goals are:

Cruel Jewel 50 in Georgia in May
Superior 100 in Minnesota in September
Get 1 day on ice
Get 1 day on rock

Reach goal: Fly West and meetup with Dereferenced for a climb of a glaciated peak like Rainier/Baker/Shuksan ...if I can find the time
You can touch the void, just don't fall into it.

I fly a starship across the universe divide....and when I reach the other side...I'll find a place to rest my spirit if I can. Perhaps I may become a Mountain Man again.
Jenna N S
14ers: 36  2 
13ers: 24 2
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Jenna N S »

My biggest goal of 2022 is to get my sh*t back together. 2021 held some challenges and rough times, but I think I've got those basically sorted out and now want to focuses on pushing my limits.

(small) Actual list:
3 snowflake 14ers this winter
getting out 3 of 4 weekends each month thru the summer
meet more hiking partners/friends!
"They say that time is a great teacher but unfortunately it kills all its pupils. The mountains are also great teachers, and better still, they let the occasional star pupil live." Mark Lawrence King of Thorns
greenonion
14ers: 50  1 
13ers: 2
Trip Reports (0)

Post by greenonion »

Jenna N S wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 4:19 pm My biggest goal of 2022 is to get my sh*t back together. 2021 held some challenges and rough times, but I think I've got those basically sorted out and now want to focuses on pushing my limits.
That’s a heck of a quote, and goal. All the best. Same here 🙂
two lunches
14ers: 37  2 
13ers: 59
Trip Reports (0)

Post by two lunches »

many theories of goal setting involve being specific about what you want to accomplish, but i really like where Geo was going with this, so i think i'll pick something in the middle and say that i plan to focus on finishing the 14ers over the next few years. historically i've prioritized hike-time with my dog and have been very non-committal about finishing but it feels like the right time to move forward... so i'm going to go with that.

looking forward to seeing y'all out there 8)
“To walk in nature is to witness a thousand miracles.” – Mary Davis
Peakbagger34
14ers: 58 
Trip Reports (1)

Post by Peakbagger34 »

2022 goals

Great Divide Ultra in May

Gannett Peak in July

Sangre de Cristo Ultra in August

In between those do some fishing and repeat some 14ers with my sons
andrew85
14ers: 58  12 
13ers: 16
Trip Reports (3)

Post by andrew85 »

Think I did OK for 2021, huge dropoff from 2020 in terms of peaks (lol which was kind of a pandemic induced outlier anyway with everything else shut down) but I finished the 14ers in spite of losing a couple months due to gallbladder complications/removal so I'll take that as a win!

1) La Plata in winter. This was one of my defeats in 2020 and even though I came back to summit later that year, had I not lost feeling in my toes and turned around at 12,900' to find my toenails were turning black I felt this was a doable summit with proper footwear.

2) The Bells Traverse to complete the traverses. My lone remaining 14er objective that I was all set to get back in August when I finished on Maroon, but the weather had other ideas and that day ended up being Maroon only.

3) Continue working on the California 14ers, starting with Shasta. Hope to at least get Whitney and Muir (lol especially after getting smoked out on Russell), Langley, and maybe add on Tyndall, Williamson, and White.

4) Continue working on the Centennials seeing as I only have three now (Columbia, Gladstone, and Red--lol hopefully I can add more than one this year), probably looking to do Meeker (mainly to finally visit Chasm Lake), Huerfano, California, Atlantic, Pacific, Fletcher, Emerald, Dyer, Silverheels, and Holy Cross Ridge.

5) We'll try this one again after falling short this year--do at least 100 Inclines!

Okay these are a little far fetched, but on my radar

*) Do an inclinathon :-k

*) Run the Ascent. Lol I'm not a runner these days (was a decent runner in the army but got away from it once I ETSed) but with 12 summits of Pikes (6 RT), I'm beginning to feel like I'm obligated to summit this way :lol:.

*) Finally summit Pikes from the Crags.
Scott P
14ers: 58  16 
13ers: 50 13
Trip Reports (16)

Post by Scott P »

IntrepidXJ wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:58 am

If our schedules line up sometime and you are looking for a partner/shuttle, I'd also be up for a river trip. I have an IK and a packraft and usually get on the river at least a couple times a year.
That would be great.
I'm old, slow and fat. Unfortunately, those are my good qualities.
12ersRule
13ers: 157
Trip Reports (4)

Post by 12ersRule »

Hopefully close out Operation Spackle which is a distinct peak for all 366 calendar days. I have 30 days to fill in. Potentially could finish on June 24. A missed day delays the finish by a year, so it's motivating to get out.

Progress on "Tear the Roof off this sucka" - which is bag every ranked Colorado peak north of I-70 that is 11,000ft or higher. LiDAR is affecting that list - but I have 13 13ers, 28 12ers, and 52 11ers to go. Most of these peaks are in wildernesses: Eagles Nest, FlatTops, and Zirkels.

Progress on the 166 ranked/soft-ranked/named peaks list in RMNP. 10 are class 3 or higher, so if I halve that, it'd be awesome.

Just get out with more people and enjoy.
bmcqueen
14ers: 58  52 
13ers: 356 15
Trip Reports (24)

Post by bmcqueen »

I better get these on record before 2022 gets too long in the tooth! Many of these are continuations of 2021 goals.

1. Bells in spring to finish the spring grid.
2. At least two new winter 14ers (currently 10 to go)
3. Lincoln group in Feb to finish monthly grid
4. 8 more Sawatch grid slots (currently at 100/192)
5. Help others develop new skills
6. 10 new bi-centennials (currently 26 to go), including at least one tough one (targeting Peak 15)
7. Get back to doing Castle Rock stairs with some regularity - at least once/month for 2022
8. >75 total 13er/14er summits (ranked/unranked) for 2022
9. Three 13er snowflakes (currently have a lowly 8 ranked snowflakes)
10. At least one day out with my wife, my son and my daughter (likely to be different days)

Happy New Year all!
"Good judgment comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgment." --- Nasreddin

https://listsofjohn.com/PeakStats/Conte ... queen&t=14
painless4u2
Trip Reports (8)

Post by painless4u2 »

After recently undergoing my 4th spinal surgery at the age of 67, I hope to resume climbing/hiking the 14ers, trying new routes this time around. And taking along a newbie that has been struggling with addiction issues to not only motivate myself to get stronger, but to keep him focused on recovery, with this goal. Happy New Year to everyone!
Bad decisions often make good stories.

IPAs + Ambien = "14ers" post (Bill M.)

In their hearts humans plan their course, but the Lord establishes their steps. Proverbs 16:9