Colorado Mountain Club

Items that do not fit the categories above.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
jbealer
14ers: 58  21 
13ers: 175 9
Trip Reports (6)

Re: Colorado Mountain Club

Post by jbealer »

Scott,
thanks to Covid they have moved a lot of classes online, i did my trip leader school online/ zoom call. i had (thank god) took my WFA last yr so did not need to worry about that, many trip leaders are still trying to get that in to become official leaders (thanks Covid). then all you need to do is lead a trip with a trip leader (and members) that can check you off and you will be good.
Oh, they do require you to have been on 5 CMC trips before becoming a TL, i got that covered with my HAMS hikes and my leader in training hike.
you are right though the Denver/ pikes and Ft Collins groups are much more active.
No Mountain too steep, No trail too long....