Your Top 5 Bands and/or Musicians of all Time

Items that do not fit the categories above.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
d_baker
14ers: 58  15 
13ers: 348 11
Trip Reports (59)

Re: The Ballad Of Deuces Wild

Post by d_baker »

Brian Thomas wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 4:40 am
This thread has become so Deuce dominated...
Have you not noticed the sun n' fun member?? This is the only place s/he posts on here!
But it's just music...so who cares.

This one I heard on octane tonight, and digging it....

SunNFun
14ers: 7 
13ers: 12
Trip Reports (0)

Post by SunNFun »

d_baker wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 6:20 pm
Have you not noticed the sun n' fun member?? This is the only place s/he posts on here!
But it's just music...so who cares.

This one I heard on octane tonight, and digging it...."

I enjoy the mountains and it's a great site for information. I was just there in late July and did what I could do given the time and weather.

Sometimes when you get tired of all the ignorant chatter it's nice to put on some music, forget about it all for a few minutes. You ought to try it sometime.

Oh, good song btw
Last edited by SunNFun on Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FireOnTheMountain
14ers: 53  1  23 
13ers: 269 29
Trip Reports (23)

Post by FireOnTheMountain »

greenonion wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:56 am
Brian Thomas wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 4:40 am Were one to compile all of the Deuces' posts on this thread and turn it into a radio station, you could call it KDDR aka K-Double-Deuce-Radio.
What?
Perhaps RW can shed insight into what Bthom, the always well spoken and conspiracy theorist expert, is referring to with this:

highpilgrim wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 2:32 pm I gift you another keeper for the Double Deuce Dub:
Also, no offense cause you obviously didn't make the music video, but there many grievances I have with it and thusly need to be listed (ranked in order of importance):
  • 1. That Pixies song is the Fight Club ending montage song. Everyone knows that.
  • 2. The song they replaced for that scene is Lou Reed's "Perfect Day" and no other song is more fitting for the scene.
  • 3. They have disgraced Fight Club by swapping out the Pixies song and ostensibly have disgraced Lou Reed.
  • 4. They have disgraced Trainspotting by swapping out the Lou Reed song and ostensibly have disgraced...you get it.
Alright fine, bullets 3 and 4 are really just subsets of 1 and 2. Anyways, since we are on the subject....for the impatient folk just skip to 1:55.

Everyday is a G r A t E f U L Day here in the ID...?
highpilgrim
14ers: 58 
13ers: 84 1
Trip Reports (1)

Re: Your Top 5 Bands and/or Musicians of all Time

Post by highpilgrim »

FireOnTheMountain wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:18 pm Also, no offense cause you obviously didn't make the music video, but
Well. No offense taken. I liked the song, I liked the movie(s). Sometimes I like bthom, misinformed as he is at times; bukowski has corrupted him.

But seriously, that was a funny post. Should you be talking, writing or even referring obliquely to any of this??
Last edited by highpilgrim on Tue Oct 05, 2021 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Call on God, but row away from the rocks.
Hunter S Thompson

Walk away from the droning and leave the hive behind.
Dick Derkase
highpilgrim
Trip Reports (1)

Post by highpilgrim »

FireOnTheMountain wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:18 pm for the impatient
Hunter S Thompson

Dick Derkase
greenonion
14ers: 50  1 
13ers: 2
Trip Reports (0)

Post by greenonion »

FireOnTheMountain wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:18 pm
greenonion wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:56 am
Brian Thomas wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 4:40 am Were one to compile all of the Deuces' posts on this thread and turn it into a radio station, you could call it KDDR aka K-Double-Deuce-Radio.
What?
Perhaps RW can shed insight into what Bthom, the always well spoken and conspiracy theorist expert, is referring to with this:

highpilgrim wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 2:32 pm I gift you another keeper for the Double Deuce Dub:
Also, no offense cause you obviously didn't make the music video, but there many grievances I have with it and thusly need to be listed (ranked in order of importance):
  • 1. That Pixies song is the Fight Club ending montage song. Everyone knows that.
  • 2. The song they replaced for that scene is Lou Reed's "Perfect Day" and no other song is more fitting for the scene.
  • 3. They have disgraced Fight Club by swapping out the Pixies song and ostensibly have disgraced Lou Reed.
  • 4. They have disgraced Trainspotting by swapping out the Lou Reed song and ostensibly have disgraced...you get it.
Alright fine, bullets 3 and 4 are really just subsets of 1 and 2. Anyways, since we are on the subject....for the impatient folk just skip to 1:55.

What??

(Love Lou Reed BTW, but what?)
12ersRule
13ers: 157
Trip Reports (4)

Post by 12ersRule »

Since I pretty much Tallgrassed this thread (50+ posts), I'll just post my Spotify Car Tunes list since it's a good representation of what I'm listening to now.

My Car Tunes list is intended to be an energetic, sing-along, keep me awake while driving home from a 10+ hour hike. I change
the tunes often to keep it fresh. Feel free to follow along if you wish:

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/2g4Pn ... 5974af42ec

And btw, SunNFun gets out there, just not in CO so much.
highpilgrim
Trip Reports (1)

Post by highpilgrim »

12ersRule wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:21 am Since I pretty much Tallgrassed this thread (50+ posts)
I heard he was another of your sock puppets...but you've done better.
Hunter S Thompson

Dick Derkase
12ersRule
13ers: 157
Trip Reports (4)

Post by 12ersRule »

highpilgrim wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 9:00 am
12ersRule wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:21 am Since I pretty much Tallgrassed this thread (50+ posts)
I heard he was another of your sock puppets...but you've done better.
I read this book 3 times so I could sound legit as a motorcyclist. Didn't really help though.
IdiotsGuideToMotorcycles.jpg
IdiotsGuideToMotorcycles.jpg (17.29 KiB) Viewed 2536 times
highpilgrim
Trip Reports (1)

Post by highpilgrim »

12ersRule wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 9:11 am so I could sound legit as a motorcyclist
I heard you partly pulled it off. Except for thinking jungle boots are jump boots. But you never served so I'll let it go.

I picture you like this, riding from nondescript bump to bump.
davebronson.jpg
davebronson.jpg (78.3 KiB) Viewed 2527 times
Hunter S Thompson

Dick Derkase
CaptainSuburbia
14ers: 58  35 
13ers: 125 9
Trip Reports (44)

Post by CaptainSuburbia »

Some good stuff being posted lately. Hollies, Colin Hay, and I love the Cowboy song.

I'm in the process of moving and i hate moving so
Some day our kids will study Clash lyrics in school.
Nothing drives people crazy like people drive people crazy.
Save Challenger Point
highpilgrim
Trip Reports (1)

Post by highpilgrim »

A gem. Watch the peeps singing along. RIP, David, George and Freddie. Annie has some pipes, restrained in this case, mostly.

Hunter S Thompson

Dick Derkase