Your Top 5 Bands and/or Musicians of all Time

Items that do not fit the categories above.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
FireOnTheMountain
14ers: 53  1  23 
13ers: 269 29
Trip Reports (23)

Re: Your Top 5 Bands and/or Musicians of all Time

Post by FireOnTheMountain »

12ersRule wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 3:49 pmDid SunNFun hack your account?
It's like the bar scene in the original Blues Brothers, if its a country-ish catchy tune and not about your girlfriend or whatever leaving you, then its probably pretty good and the bottles will fly less.

Everyday is a G r A t E f U L Day here in the ID...?
SunNFun
14ers: 7 
13ers: 12
Trip Reports (0)

Post by SunNFun »

Jon Frohlich
14ers: 58 
13ers: 162 3
Trip Reports (29)

Post by Jon Frohlich »

Thread needs more metal. We'll call this the top 5 European death/black/doom bands. In no particular order.

1) Dark Tranquility
2) Katatonia
3) Amorphis
4) Borknagar
5) Insomnium

If I had a 6th I'd put Opeth. Conflicted because I love death metal Opeth and can't stand current prog Opeth.

And since it's now winter.

Plugugly
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Plugugly »

greenonion wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:28 pm 1. S
2. T
3. O
4. N
5. E
SSS
Stones and Clash
Rudy can't fail.
EigenDylan
14ers: 16  4 
13ers: 24
Trip Reports (0)

Post by EigenDylan »

1. Fleet Foxes
2. Kendrick Lamar
3. Tame Impala
4. Yes
5. Marvin Gaye

Honorable Mentions: Pink Floyd, Lamp, Father John Misty, Chopin, Dvorak, Daft Punk, The Cranberries, Noname, Death Grips
Hiking_TheRockies
14ers: 22  1 
13ers: 19
Trip Reports (4)

Post by Hiking_TheRockies »

1. Twenty One Pilots
2. Drake
3. Red Hot Chili Peppers
4. Juice WRLD
5. The Cranberries
Hiking when possible
cougar
14ers: 58  2 
13ers: 135 2
Trip Reports (10)

Post by cougar »

http://www.listsofjohn.com/m/cougar

"If we don't change direction, we'll end up where we're going."
"Bushwhacking is like a box of chocolates - you never know what you're gonna get."
"Don't give up on your dreams, stay asleep"
d_baker
14ers: 58  15 
13ers: 348 11
Trip Reports (59)

Post by d_baker »

I've been on a Grace Potter binge as of late...and sadly, it was just this year that I've been listening to her solo stuff and her time with the Nocturnals. Just so good and her stage presence has such energy and spirit! I wish had seen them when they were still together (the Nocturnals).
Plus, she's a fellow VT'er so I find that pretty awesome!

CarpeDM
14ers: 58  6 
13ers: 350 13
Trip Reports (10)

Post by CarpeDM »

Okay, time for the year end poll. What are your favorite releases of 2020?

I won't claim to have great in depth knowledge of the latest music, and so this isn't set in stone. And I wouldn't say any of these bowled me over in a life-altering way, but here are the releases that might hold up over time for me:

Haim - Women in Music Pt III - need more listens, but made me think of Liz Phair
Fiona Apple - Fetch the Bolt Cutters - not her best, but still better than most
Waxahatchee - Saint Cloud - I REALLY wish she didn't strain at the edge of her range on Fire, but the rest is good
Dua Lipa - Future Nostalgia - that might surprise some of you, but it's a good tonic for the times
The Strokes - The New Abnormal - they're staying in their lane. If they stay much longer, they might wear it into a rut, but for now I like that lane
Bob Dylan - Rough and Rowdy Ways - Although I've never been a huge fan, I can appreciate him a bit, including this one
"This route is awesome; you can bring all your favorite holds home with you!" - Cedar Wright
"Experience is the hardest kind of teacher. It gives you the test first and the lesson afterward." - Oscar Wilde
"I just wanna live the life I please; I don't want no enemies; I don't want nothing if I have to fake it
Never take nothing don't belong to me; everything's paid for; nothing's free; If I give my heart will you promise not to break it?" - Lucinda Williams
SunNFun
14ers: 7 
13ers: 12
Trip Reports (0)

Post by SunNFun »

2 for the road...goodbye to 2020

Candlebox
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eu3EuWg ... 8&index=20