14ers.com Username Inspiration/Reason/Whatever

Items that do not fit the categories above.
Forum rules
Please do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website. For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
Above_Treeline
14ers:summits3 
Trip Reports (1)

Re: 14ers.com Username Inspiration/Reason/Whatever

Post by Above_Treeline » Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:16 am

Had a really great experience hiking above treeline. It's hard coming up with usernames and that seemed cool, for a mountain climbing site.

Plus, very important, nobody else had it yet :D
Above_Treeline
14ers:summits3 
Trip Reports (1)

Post by Above_Treeline » Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:27 am

LURE wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:59 am
My username actually has to do with my name. It’s not some troll name. I’m not luring anyone into any traps. But I’m still a fan anonymity.

TallGrass once told me I had one of the trolliest names on here - that was when I actually met the guy. I can see it, I don’t disagree, but its just a coincidence.
Really?!? I didn't find it trolly at all I just thought you liked fishing. I've fished a lot, and need to go more than I have been lately.
highpilgrim
14ers:summits58 
13ers:summits82 winter1 
Trip Reports (1)

Post by highpilgrim » Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:02 am

nunns wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:49 am

Douche canoe would be a funny username. :lol:

Sean Nunn
It's available when you next forget your password. :mrgreen:
Call on God, but row away from the rocks.
Hunter S Thompson

Walk away from the droning and leave the hive behind.
Dick Derkase
LURE
14ers:summits32 
13ers:summits11 

Post by LURE » Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:00 pm

Above_Treeline wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:27 am
LURE wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:59 am
My username actually has to do with my name. It’s not some troll name. I’m not luring anyone into any traps. But I’m still a fan anonymity.

TallGrass once told me I had one of the trolliest names on here - that was when I actually met the guy. I can see it, I don’t disagree, but its just a coincidence.
Really?!? I didn't find it trolly at all I just thought you liked fishing. I've fished a lot, and need to go more than I have been lately.

I do like fishing quite a bit and oddly never really thought about it that way until just now. Maybe it was TG just trying to get into my head.

But yeah, my username is really just an arrangement of letters from my first and last name. Probably wouldn't be too hard for someone to figure it out if they wanted.

edit: i just noticed my post count went down by a dozen or so.... I guess that's what happens when you have a habit of posting in threads that Bill deletes and probably why i gave credence to TG saying I have a trolly name
username72
14ers:summits18 

Post by username72 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:11 pm

I think it was randomly assigned. Honestly I think usernames are kind of dumb.
Dave B
14ers: List not added
Trip Reports (9)

Post by Dave B » Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:57 pm

LURE wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:00 pm
But yeah, my username is really just an arrangement of letters from my first and last name. Probably wouldn't be too hard for someone to figure it out if they wanted.
LUcious REdingfirth?
LURE
14ers:summits32 
13ers:summits11 

Post by LURE » Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:29 pm

Dave B wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:57 pm
LURE wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:00 pm
LUcious REdingfirth?
Surprisingly, googling that shows literally zero results - I figured there would be something related to that name somewhere in the world.

Getting warmer though. Thanks for not having two s's in the first name guess.
cedica
14ers: List not added

Post by cedica » Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:38 pm

Yes Mr. Russell Bell, we got that figured out. After faking death at the end of third season you disappeared in the West to enjoy great outdoors, study Adam Smith and generally have a good time. Peace, homie.
JoseDeMoor
14ers:summits58 ski14 winter12 
Trip Reports (1)

Post by JoseDeMoor » Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:21 pm

Is it possible to change username? I've tried contacting Bill with no luck.
Thanks
Joseph DeMoor
Hungry Jack
14ers:summits12 
13ers:summits4 
Trip Reports (1)

Post by Hungry Jack » Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:28 pm

I was once Hungary Jack on another forum, a nod to the year I spent living in Budapest and my predilection for pancakes. Hungry Jack happened when I lost a vowel in a drinking bet.
please rotate your device
greenonion
14ers:summits32 winter1 
13ers:summits1 

Post by greenonion » Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:56 pm

Last call for anymore Douche Canoes, or other delightful usernames. It's been fun. Would love to hear from as many "non-BillMiddelebrooks" as possible. (no offense, Bill. You get it.)
A painter’s got a canvas. The writer’s got reams of empty paper. A musician has silence.

I’m all for a quiet life. I just didn’t get one.

...Keith Richards
highpilgrim
14ers:summits58 
13ers:summits82 winter1 
Trip Reports (1)

Post by highpilgrim » Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:49 pm

greenonion wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:56 pm
Last call for anymore Douche Canoes, or other delightful usernames.
Well, there once was a user named deuceswild. The deuce was a team that started large and got small as time went on.

A group of us were going to climb Mt. Wilson but the original target day had a sketchy weather forecast. We all wanted to get out anyway and since we were in Telluride we elected to do the Sneffles High Line Trail.

At the time, I had a back injury that was bothering me quite a bit. One of the things I could do to relieve some of the pressure on my back was to squat down and then stretch my legs wide. This took some pressure off the nerves in the verts that had been damaged. I did it quite often.

One of my climbing partners, who will remain nameless, remarked that it looked like I was setting up a deuce and it stuck. Deucing became the joke of the hike (and others after) with all participating. So later, when the name for our team sock puppet was decided (by another who will remain nameless) that was an obvious choice: deuceswild.

deuce was a lot of fun, right up until the Great Troll Massacre. Now he's just a memory of good days past. :-D

deucing.JPG
deucing.JPG (99.99 KiB) Viewed 822 times
Call on God, but row away from the rocks.
Hunter S Thompson

Walk away from the droning and leave the hive behind.
Dick Derkase