Free T-Shirts, Tell Your Friends

Items that do not fit the categories above.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
BillMiddlebrook
Site Administrator
14ers: 58  46  19 
13ers: 172 44 37
Trip Reports (2)

Re: Free T-Shirts, Tell Your Friends

Post by BillMiddlebrook »

LetsGoMets wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:22 pm I just dedicated a full session of sitting on the can to liking about 150 pictures in pursuit of said T-Shirt. I’d also love a vintage 13ers shirt. #dedication #vegan #colorado
Love
"When I go out, I become more alive. I just love skiing. The gravitational pull. When you ski steep terrain... you can almost get a feeling of flying." -Doug Coombs
montanahiker
14ers: 38 
13ers: 185
Trip Reports (0)

Post by montanahiker »

Maybe you can work with CFI on a joint .com/.org shirt and sell in on both sites. I'm sure that would have a lot of buyers.
There's more to life than 14ers. There are 13ers.
Eli Boardman
14ers: 58  1  15 
13ers: 18 1
Trip Reports (16)

Post by Eli Boardman »

BillMiddlebrook wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:31 pm We caught dinner!

While enjoying the peace and quiet on Turquoise Lake, Lisa and I had yet another discussion about resurrecting the 14ers.com store to pay for the site. It's a bit of a pain-in-the-ass but the gear link stuff really has gone in the crapper, especially after we dropped bc.com. We decided the store is the best way to pay for the site but we really have to come up with a new t-shirt design.
Hi Bill, thanks for turning on the store! Just got the peak-list T-shirt. I've been wanting one of those for a while!

I don't know much about it, but have you considered drop-shipping? I doubt people would care if the shirts ship from somewhere else, so I wonder if it's possible to set up a print-and-ship-on-demand service through a third party? It might cut down on the legwork involved anyway, but like I say, I'm no expert on these matters.
SWilson
14ers: 58  1 
13ers: 1
Trip Reports (0)

Post by SWilson »

While we work on that, I've turned the store on (click the SWAP/SHOP menu above and select "14ers.com Store") for those of you who want one of our existing shirts. It's ski season so please don't expect next day shipping since I'll only be able to ship shirts once or twice a week.

Cheers!
-Bill

In for a t-shirt, stickers and a donation. Thanks again for all you do to keep this site going.
If you ramp up the store again, how difficult would it be to have a donation option at check out?
When your hand hold becomes hand held.....
Moraine14
14ers: 11 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Moraine14 »

I have a few 14ers shirts from several years ago and they're great. Will definitely keep my eyes open for 13ers shirts. In the meantime, it appears the donation option still works if you click on "MORE..." then "Support 14ers.com". :wink:
Bob Kocher
14ers: 58  1 
13ers: 24
Trip Reports (4)

Post by Bob Kocher »

BillMiddlebrook wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:31 pm I've turned the store on (click the SWAP/SHOP menu above and select "14ers.com Store")
not sure if this is on my end, but on my phone the swap/shop menu includes bc/SAC and i don’t see the 14ers.com store.

And this site is great by the way... thank you!
Dan_Suitor
14ers: 58  4 
13ers: 90
Trip Reports (3)

Post by Dan_Suitor »

BillMiddlebrook wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:31 pm ... We decided the store is the best way to pay for the site but we really have to come up with a new t-shirt design.
Awesome! I put in my order. Looking forward to the new design.

BillMiddlebrook wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:31 pm ... don't expect next day shipping since I'll only be able to ship shirts once or twice a week.
No worries, early shopping for next Christmas.
Century Bound, eventually.
PaulVee
14ers: 31 
13ers: 3
Trip Reports (4)

Post by PaulVee »

BillMiddlebrook wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:31 pm We decided the store is the best way to pay for the site but we really have to come up with a new t-shirt design.
Gonna snag a couple of shirts from the store ... but to affirm what you're saying about the importance of shirt design.... from being in a rock band for many years, we learned the hard lesson that people buy shirts because of the coolness / look and design of the shirt. For the most part, the band name itself (except for hard core fans or if the writing of the band name itself is 'cool') really doesn't even matter... if the shirt looks bad ass, people will be interested and vice versa if not.
jerseybrian
14ers: 39  1 
13ers: 22
Trip Reports (0)

Post by jerseybrian »

BillMiddlebrook wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:31 pm We caught dinner!

While enjoying the peace and quiet on Turquoise Lake, Lisa and I had yet another discussion about resurrecting the 14ers.com store to pay for the site. It's a bit of a pain-in-the-ass but the gear link stuff really has gone in the crapper, especially after we dropped bc.com. We decided the store is the best way to pay for the site but we really have to come up with a new t-shirt design.

While we work on that, I've turned the store on (click the SWAP/SHOP menu above and select "14ers.com Store") for those of you who want one of our existing shirts. It's ski season so please don't expect next day shipping since I'll only be able to ship shirts once or twice a week.

Cheers!
-Bill
Thanks for doing this Bill! I'll definitely order one! It would be really cool to have a hat too! Maybe a trucker style hat with a picture of Cap or the Bells and a small logo like you have at the top of this site would be cool!
When I get out I feel more alive - Doug Coombs
Ericsi
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Ericsi »

Definitely need a new design for T-shirts, because now all T-shirts are almost the same
Bombay2Boulder
14ers: 56  3 
13ers: 269 1
Trip Reports (4)

Post by Bombay2Boulder »

Bill,
I will highly recommend some cool trucker hats that can be used outdoors, also 14ers.com buff? Both are used heavily by peak baggers and I am sure will get some revenue your way.
Bombay2Boulder
14ers: 56  3 
13ers: 269 1
Trip Reports (4)

Post by Bombay2Boulder »

CaptCO wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:06 pm
Bombay2Boulder wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:03 pm Bill,
I will highly recommend some cool trucker hats that can be used outdoors, also 14ers.com buff? Both are used heavily by peak baggers and I am sure will get some revenue your way.
Trucker hats are a thing of the past. Flexfit & will buy 5
Yeah, no thanks. I will keep those for urban exploration where the winds are not high.