Ben Brownlee Memorial Fund

Items that do not fit the categories above.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
719BR
13ers: 8
Trip Reports (0)

Re: Ben Brownlee Memorial Fund

Post by 719BR »

sorry all. i've deleted the comment. didn't agree with it but you're all right it's not the place
Skimo95
14ers: 58  13  23 
13ers: 176 8
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Skimo95 »

brichardsson wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 11:38 am deleted for inflammatory comment
You are quite the pile

Just made my donation!
LucasR
14ers: 49 
13ers: 12
Trip Reports (0)

Post by LucasR »

Sorry for your loss, thank you for trying to help put resources in the hands of those out in the field.
greenonion
14ers: 50  1 
13ers: 2
Trip Reports (0)

Post by greenonion »

brichardsson wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 12:47 pm sorry all. i've deleted the comment. didn't agree with it but you're all right it's not the place
It’s not just inflammatory, so as to deflect your comment. It’s wrong and stupidly judgmental and assumptive.
Sbenfield
14ers: 58  3 
13ers: 289 4 25
Trip Reports (5)

Post by Sbenfield »

Mr. Brownlee, I am so sorry for your loss. Thank you for the information regarding the fundraiser. I am happy to contribute to it.
Mtnman200
14ers: 58  1 
13ers: 440
Trip Reports (85)

Post by Mtnman200 »

Sbenfield wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 7:03 pm Mr. Brownlee, I am so sorry for your loss. Thank you for the information regarding the fundraiser. I am happy to contribute to it.
Same here.
"Adventure without risk is not possible." - Reinhold Messner
sigepnader
14ers: 22 
13ers: 52 1
Trip Reports (0)

Post by sigepnader »

Or..you could just delete and say something nice.

What a terrible person you come off as…

With that being said. I am deeply sorry for your loss, Mr. Brownlee. The misses and I will be donating.
johnfbrownlee
Trip Reports (0)

Post by johnfbrownlee »

Thank you all. Our family and the people of Hinsdale County appreciate your support.
719BR
13ers: 8
Trip Reports (0)

Post by 719BR »

sigepnader wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 9:22 pm
Or..you could just delete and say something nice.

What a terrible person you come off as…
I could have, yes. But I assumed, rightly or wrongly, that after my comment, any condolences posted on the board would appear insincere and self-serving. So instead I chose to simply delete the comment, and apologize generally to the board. I also chose to immediately reach out directly to Mr. Brownlee and offer an unqualified apology as well as my condolences. I will leave whatever communication that did or will occur between he and I to be shared at his discretion.

You can continue to criticize and call me names, I won't complain or offer a defense - once again I'm saying yes it was inappropriate and I deserve whatever I get. Or you can put me on ignore. Or you can have Bill nuke the thread. I don't particularly care; I've done what I can to clean up my mess. If you or anyone else feels that they have something to say to me that's fine you can PM me, but I will not add to the thread, I've done enough to sidetrack it already.