In out burger in co. Thoughts.

Items that do not fit the categories above.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
cougar
14ers: 58  2 
13ers: 135 2
Trip Reports (10)

Re: In out burger in co. Thoughts.

Post by cougar »

1605966983524.jpg
1605966983524.jpg (10.74 KiB) Viewed 3085 times
http://www.listsofjohn.com/m/cougar

"If we don't change direction, we'll end up where we're going."
"Bushwhacking is like a box of chocolates - you never know what you're gonna get."
"Don't give up on your dreams, stay asleep"
Dave B
Trip Reports (9)

Post by Dave B »

Better:

Make wilderness less accessible.
Wentzl
14ers: 58  20 
13ers: 55
Trip Reports (49)

Post by Wentzl »

yeahbgraff wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:32 pm Nothing beats Stan's Burger Shack in Hanksville.
Oh darn. I was just in Hanksville and I knew there was a burger place people raved about. I stopped at the Slickrock Grill. That was a mistake. Burger could have been pressed cardboard soaked in cow blood.

As for In and Out, mediocre at best. Not at all up to the hype.

While on the topic, I would give a plug for 133BRGR in Hotchkiss.
Last edited by Wentzl on Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shorter of Breath and One Day Closer . . .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZXKgl8turY

"Social Justice" = Injustice
Scott P
14ers: 58  16 
13ers: 50 13
Trip Reports (16)

Post by Scott P »

Wentzl wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:47 am Oh darn. I was just in Hanksville and I knew there was a burger place people raved about. I stopped at the Slickrock Grill. That was a mistake. Burger could have been pressed cardboard soaked in cow blood.
Interesting. They're owned by the same person and the supplier is the same. Must be the cook?
I'm old, slow and fat. Unfortunately, those are my good qualities.
Conor
14ers: 41  6  6 
13ers: 51 1 1
Trip Reports (7)

Post by Conor »

I was just in vegas and there was a request to stop at n and out. almost $12 for a burger/fries/shake. Later on I stopped at bk to drop off my partner and for $3.99 I got 2 whopper jrs and 2 med fries, which I thought was better even if you remove the price discrepancy/volume of food.

the animal style thing kind of pisses me off. they have food packaging that says it and everything, yet they leave it off the menu. You don't even know what it costs...but I learned I don't like my fries soggy and drenched in 1000 island. I get what they're trying to do, so no need to explain that to me, but it's a food chain, not a dive where you stop in and say, "give me the scott patterson" and end up with 4 x 2/3 patties.
Scott P wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:09 am
Wentzl wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:47 am Oh darn. I was just in Hanksville and I knew there was a burger place people raved about. I stopped at the Slickrock Grill. That was a mistake. Burger could have been pressed cardboard soaked in cow blood.
Interesting. They're owned by the same person and the supplier is the same. Must be the cook?
that is correct, my wife is friends with the owner. well, I guess the mother of the owners.
Lioness
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Lioness »

aholle88 wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:09 am Is it good? Sure. Worth the hype? Not really. Considering the grim outlook for our local restaurants right now, how about we turn this thread around and give our local favorites a shoutout. In and Out will survive, your local burger joint may not.

CO Springs: Drifters (any local knows it tops I&O anyways). Cerberus Brewing also has a great burger, most known for its smoked brisket grilled cheese on sourdough bread though with a side of truffle fries/potato wedges.

Breckenridge/Frisco: Ollies. Hands down one of the best burgers anywhere. Mac and cheese burger anyone? The Pourhouse also has one of the better vegetarian options I’ve had in their Quinoa burger.
Salida . Local and good.
http://50burgersalida.com/
rijaca
14ers: 58  4 
13ers: 244 1 2
Trip Reports (1)

Post by rijaca »

JChitwood wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:02 pm Scott P has been everywhere. You are correct we turned north missing Stan’s. All was not lost as we had a great burger at Ray’s Tavern in Green River. As a river runner I loved all the pictures on the walls of rafting carnage in Cataract Canyon on the Green.
Ray’s in Green River. :thumbup:

Btw, Cataract Canyon is below the confluence of the Green and Colorado.
"A couple more shots of whiskey,
the women 'round here start looking good"
Klad24
14ers: 58  5 
13ers: 15
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Klad24 »

aholle88 wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:09 am Is it good? Sure. Worth the hype? Not really. Considering the grim outlook for our local restaurants right now, how about we turn this thread around and give our local favorites a shoutout. In and Out will survive, your local burger joint may not.

CO Springs: Drifters (any local knows it tops I&O anyways). Cerberus Brewing also has a great burger, most known for its smoked brisket grilled cheese on sourdough bread though with a side of truffle fries/potato wedges.

Breckenridge/Frisco: Ollies. Hands down one of the best burgers anywhere. Mac and cheese burger anyone? The Pourhouse also has one of the better vegetarian options I’ve had in their Quinoa burger.
Best burger I've found so far in Colorado is at the Powerstop gas station in Gunnison (seriously).
jerseybrian
14ers: 39  1 
13ers: 22
Trip Reports (0)

Post by jerseybrian »

yeahbgraff wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:32 pm Nothing beats Stan's Burger Shack in Hanksville.
I'll have to try this one. Is it as good as Milt's in Moab? That's one of the best small burger places I've been to around there.
When I get out I feel more alive - Doug Coombs
two lunches
14ers: 37  2 
13ers: 59
Trip Reports (0)

Post by two lunches »

Dave B wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:34 am Better:

that’s what’s up. except in st. louis they're Rallys
“To walk in nature is to witness a thousand miracles.” – Mary Davis
Matt
14ers: 58 
13ers: 208
Trip Reports (32)

Post by Matt »

stephakett wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:49 pm that’s what’s up. except in st. louis they're Rallys
You gotta eat! and You gotta eat!
We had one right across the street in high school, Rally's, that is. It was called Zipps until one day it was Rally's.
We are all greater artists than we realize -FWN
A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -HDT
Peak List
JChitwood
14ers: 58 
13ers: 51
Trip Reports (0)

Post by JChitwood »

rijaca wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:02 am
JChitwood wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:02 pm Scott P has been everywhere. You are correct we turned north missing Stan’s. All was not lost as we had a great burger at Ray’s Tavern in Green River. As a river runner I loved all the pictures on the walls of rafting carnage in Cataract Canyon on the Green.
Ray’s in Green River. :thumbup:

Btw, Cataract Canyon is below the confluence of the Green and Colorado.
Thanks for pointing this out rijaca for some reason I always thought Cataract was on the Green. In 25 years of kayaking I did only Alpine rivers and not a single desert canyon run unless you count the Salt in Arizona which is in a desert canyon but has the flavor of an Alpine river. Desert canyons have miles of flat water between rapids and usually require tough to get permits neither of which interested me. Now that I’m too old to paddle them I wish I’d done the Colorado, Green, Yampa, Salmon, Snake, and all the others.
"I'll make it." - Jimmy Chitwood