Aspen gas lines sabotaged

Items that do not fit the categories above.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
Dave B
Trip Reports (9)

Re: Aspen gas lines sabotaged

Post by Dave B »

pvnisher wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 5:02 pm I'm all for saving the earth and using less, but cars aren't going to have much impact. Nevertheless, if you want your car to have an impact, get a small old thing and drive it forever. Your fancy Tesla is just a fancy coal powered steam engine. Ha.
Having fewer, or no, children will be the best way to limit the destructive influence of humans. This is a sticky topic and studies have tried to dismiss this idea by projecting future human behaviors, but I have more confidence in a coin toss than predicting human behavior 20 years from now.

And, Teslas are 90% status symbols. It's cool that they're fast and battery powered, but the planet won't be "saved" by pushing $100k battery powered cars.

Make wilderness less accessible.
pvnisher
Trip Reports (8)

Re: Aspen gas lines sabotaged

Post by pvnisher »

Dave B wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 7:42 pm
pvnisher wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 5:02 pm I'm all for saving the earth and using less, but cars aren't going to have much impact. Nevertheless, if you want your car to have an impact, get a small old thing and drive it forever. Your fancy Tesla is just a fancy coal powered steam engine. Ha.
Having fewer, or no, children will be the best way to limit the destructive influence of humans. This is a sticky topic...
That's why I caveated it with "if you want your *car* to have an impact"

And I was just waiting for @ptghls to chime in with a "and if you buy an old crappy car, get one with no airbags or abs so that you'll be more likely to die in a crash and remove your whole carbon footprint as well as any future children you might have..."
Lol.