How long until the end?

Items that do not fit the categories above.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.

When will the Captain be banned?

Poll ended at Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:54 pm

This week
3%
This winter
14%
This year
16%
Sometime later in the future
6%
Never, because he's Bill's sock puppet
10%
Never, because Bill knows he's secretly a hacker who would bring down the website
1%
Never, because Bill enjoys watching us debate things like this
49%

Total votes: 69
rmattas
Trip Reports (0)

Re: How long until the end?

Post by rmattas »

ker0uac wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 6:45 pm I long for the brand new pair of shoulders I had in my youth. I know this is so off topic, but I want to get surgery to fix a bone spur in my shoulder but my doctor thinks I should instead just learn to live with it. That made me feel so old. Unacceptable.
in my 50's i had what's called "frozen shoulder" too much windsurfing, weightlifting, golfing, etc...once the surgery was done the doctor told me "you should try to act your age" i told him "thanks, but no."

get it fixed, it's worth it.
"If I have seen further, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." - Isaac Newton
cedica
Trip Reports (0)

Post by cedica »

greenonion wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:22 am I think we are stoking the ego with these threads/posts, just like someone else in DC.
Totally, it isn't that 15 years ago somebody in Silicon Valley came up with the idea "It would be so great to rule entire country on 140 character or shorter messages". That only started happening because of popular demand.
Bale
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Bale »

Please post more content Capt, we all love you. You are such a great and gifted athlete. Your free diving exploits and mountaineering prowess leaves us in awe. Thank you for gracing us with your presence. Bill is grateful that a man of your stature would be so humble and kind as to impart some of your extensive knowledge here.
Last edited by Bale on Fri Jan 08, 2021 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The earth, like the sun, like the air, belongs to everyone - and to no one. - Edward Abbey
SchralpTheGnar
14ers: 51  49  1 
13ers: 38 30
Trip Reports (22)

Post by SchralpTheGnar »

I’m a fan of thought diversity
12ersRule
14ers: 58 
13ers: 157
Trip Reports (4)

Post by 12ersRule »

SchralpTheGnar wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:06 pm I’m a fan of thought diversity
I am too, until someone disagrees with me.
supranihilest
14ers: 58  42 
13ers: 709 1 8
Trip Reports (114)

Post by supranihilest »

d_baker wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:25 pmBut how old is young?
When you start telling people you're "X years young" you're actually old as f**k, so it's a very personal number. Some people may never get old based on that.
Mtnman200
14ers: 58  1 
13ers: 440
Trip Reports (85)

Post by Mtnman200 »

supranihilest wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:34 pm
d_baker wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:25 pmBut how old is young?
When you start telling people you're "X years young" you're actually old as f**k, so it's a very personal number. Some people may never get old based on that.
Old = current age + 10

That’s my story, and I’m sticking to it.
"Adventure without risk is not possible." - Reinhold Messner
WVMountaineer
14ers: 58  4 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by WVMountaineer »

SchralpTheGnar wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:06 pm I’m a fan of thought diversity
Pretty sure CaptCo just reads that as THOT and I'm sure he's a big fan...
"There are two ways to measure life; the number of days you simply exist or the number of days you spend truly living your human experience." 14ers.com user goingup
WVMountaineer
14ers: 58  4 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by WVMountaineer »

Had to get one last jab in. Clearly I'm not here on weekends.
"There are two ways to measure life; the number of days you simply exist or the number of days you spend truly living your human experience." 14ers.com user goingup