Mask mandate on National Forest land

Items that do not fit the categories above.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
Matt
14ers: 58 
13ers: 208
Trip Reports (32)

Re: Mask mandate on National Forest land

Post by Matt »

lordhelmut wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:31 am Doesn't seem like this much different than what was expected before (masks outdoors when 6' can't be maintained). Difference being Biden is pretending he cares where the Donald just didn't (as in he promoted personal choice). Not politicizing, but when you virtue signal, you have to back that up and understand people are always watching (Newsom, Hancock, Adler, Biden, Pelosi, etc). Hard to continue to take all this seriously when you have assclowns like the ones mentioned constantly defying their own dumbass mandates.
Bingo!
crossfitter wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:36 pm
shelly+ wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:01 pm The best thing about this thread is that it's actually a conversation!! Like, where people post differing points of view!! If this were FB, youtube, or twitter, ALL IDEAS WOULD BE DEAD.
Well, half of them would anyway.
While I'm happy Trump is gone, I'm no fan of Biden and the extreme pendulum swing that's already started. That's another thread somewhere else.
I will give him and the media kudos for helping Kris and I to finally agree on a mask issue. That's groundbreaking!
The mask requirement looks unenforceable in most hiking situations, making it no more than empty posturing like most political activity.
Bill, please don't join the mass movement toward silencing viewpoints that don't mirror the ruling party or silicon valley's opinions.
We are all greater artists than we realize -FWN
A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -HDT
Peak List
teamdonkey
14ers: 28  1 
13ers: 18 1
Trip Reports (0)

Post by teamdonkey »

cottonmountaineering wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:57 am
are we really surprised at this dude, all he does is troll and peddle conspiracy theories
I was kind of surprised he wasn't arrested for raiding the Capitol. Maybe they let you have your phone in jail now?
crossfitter
Trip Reports (7)

Post by crossfitter »

teamdonkey wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:22 pm
are we really surprised at this dude, all he does is troll and peddle conspiracy theories
I was kind of surprised he wasn't arrested for raiding the Capitol. Maybe they let you have your phone in jail now?
I have a long history of being anti riot and anti lawlessness. For example, I denounced the months of rioting, burning, and occupation of city blocks that were actively cheered on. If you clapped like seals every time someone broke quarantine to go torch a mom and pop shop, your opinion on the capitol riot is worth as much as back-to-back whiplash narrative NPR headlines.
- A mountain is not a checkbox to be ticked
- Alpinism and mountaineering are not restricted to 14,000 foot mountains
- Judgment and experience are the two most important pieces of gear you own
- Being honest to yourself and others about your abilities is a characteristic of experienced climbers
- Courage cannot be bought at REI or carried with you in your rucksack

Lioness
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Lioness »

justiner wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:47 am And one was reported about first, then the other. Your beef is with the editor of CNN's site for not being able to do two things at once?
What isn't a conspiracy theory these days. All the news is people giving their opinion on the current and future possibilities.

Is one conspiracy theory really any better then another? No!

It is all about who controls the narrative and who you believe.
Lioness
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Lioness »

crossfitter wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:31 pm
I have a long history of being anti riot and anti lawlessness. For example, I denounced the months of rioting, burning, and occupation of city blocks that were actively cheered on. If you clapped like seals every time someone broke quarantine to go torch a mom and pop shop, your opinion on the capitol riot is worth as much as back-to-back whiplash narrative NPR headlines.
Those were protestors, the latest were rioters. The protestors were protesting against the white, Christian, patriarchal, capitalists oppressors who use deadly force to keep the poor in poverty.

The rioters threatened the entrenched pseudo monarchy rulers.
Rollie Free
14ers: 45 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Rollie Free »

Lioness wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:47 pm

Those were protestors, the latest were rioters. The protestors were protesting against the white, Christian, patriarchal, capitalists oppressors who use deadly force to keep the poor in poverty.

In a sick, twisted sort of way I hope your type gets what they want. You deserve it.
"Quicker than I can tell it, my hands failed to hold, my feet slipped, and down I went with almost an arrow’s rapidity. An eternity of thought, of life, of death, wife, and home concentrated on my mind in those two seconds. Fortunately for me, I threw my right arm around a projecting boulder which stood above the icy plain some two or three feet." Rev. Elijah Lamb
lordhelmut
14ers: 50  21  5 
13ers: 300 60 1
Trip Reports (73)

Post by lordhelmut »

mtnkub
14ers: 58  1  7 
13ers: 116 4 4
Trip Reports (5)

Post by mtnkub »

9patrickmurphy wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:46 am This is nothing for anyone to get upset over. At this point it's just common courtesy. Hike without a mask until you're passing someone, at which point you can either cover your face for a few seconds or just step off the trail. Nobody's going to insist that you need to be wearing a mask when you're miles away from another person.

End of thread? (dear god, please, end of thread...)
Well, you knew this was wishful thinking. But, i think i'll make your entry the last piece of this thread that i'll read.
Eli Boardman
14ers: 58  1  15 
13ers: 18 1
Trip Reports (16)

Post by Eli Boardman »

This is gonna be good.

Some of you care way, way too much about things you have no control over. Go read about Dunbar's number and eat a cookie.

Or just carry on...more entertaining that way.
Chicago Transplant
14ers: 58  12  24 
13ers: 697 39 34
Trip Reports (66)

Post by Chicago Transplant »

Hmm, I thought both groups were protesting for criminal justice reform, one to end systemic racism, the other to keep a selfish businessman from having to answer for his years of corruption and tax fraud? :mrgreen:
"We want the unpopular challenge. We want to test our intellect!" - Snapcase
"You are not what you own" - Fugazi
"Life's a mountain not a beach" - Fortune Cookie I got at lunch the other day