Is This Bomber?

Items that do not fit the categories above.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
Been_Jammin
14ers: 58  1  1 
Trip Reports (0)

Re: Is This Bomber?

Post by Been_Jammin »

FireOnTheMountain wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:48 am
Been_Jammin wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:54 pmUsing a sling would of been simpler.
Using the rope as part of the anchor can be nifty. A simpler approach would have been to perhaps just wrap the horn as you did then tie a fig 8 on a bite with both strands coming off the horn (will require a good amount of excess rope in the system, which it appears you had plenty of). Now you got a masterpoint to clip to and guide mode off. Guide mode off the MP will also help with forcing to keep the rope at a downward angle and not pop up over the top of the horn.

Not sure I fully follow your arresting a fall argument if the horn were to break but I also wasnt there. I'm just saying the above would have worked assuming the horn is bomber itself.
The horn was bomber... so I'm agreeing with feedback provided in this thread that I didn't need to put myself (as the belayer) in the system. Sylvester Stallone says something in Cliffhanger like, "you go, I go." lol... maybe that was my logic.
Been_Jammin
14ers: 58  1  1 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Been_Jammin »

[/quote]

The horn was bomber... so I'm agreeing with feedback provided in this thread that I didn't need to put myself (as the belayer) in the system. Sylvester Stallone says something in Cliffhanger like, "you go, I go." lol... maybe that was my logic.
[/quote]

Actually the more I think about it (and procrastinate at work) I think this is a Kurt Russel line from the movie Backdraft. Happy Friday everyone!
highpilgrim
14ers: 58 
13ers: 84 1
Trip Reports (1)

Post by highpilgrim »

Been_Jammin wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:23 am Actually the more I think about it (and procrastinate at work) I think this is a Kurt Russel line from the movie Backdraft.
Yep, I think you're right. Great movie.

Call on God, but row away from the rocks.
Hunter S Thompson

Walk away from the droning and leave the hive behind.
Dick Derkase