Thanks

Items that do not fit the categories above.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
disentangled
Trip Reports (0)

Re: Thanks

Post by disentangled »

BillMiddlebrook wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 3:17 pm
I love Colorado and all of the friends I’ve made here.
this is awesome and it's why this site is amazing.
Gene913
14ers: 58 
13ers: 11
Trip Reports (7)

Post by Gene913 »

shelly+ wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:49 am
BillMiddlebrook wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 3:17 pm
I love Colorado and all of the friends I’ve made here.
this is awesome and it's why this site is amazing.
What Shelly and Bill said!
"If you have faith like a grain of mustard seed, and you say to this mountain, 'move from here to there,' it will move, and nothing will be impossible for you." Matthew 17:21
oldschool
14ers: 58  6 
13ers: 2
Trip Reports (23)

Post by oldschool »

When I arrived in Grand Junction in 2007, I was a rock climber. I had done just about zero mtn's above 12,000 ft. I stumbled across 14ers.com...wish I remember how....but I did.

The friends, experiences, routes, weather, injuries, happy and sad days, tough days, my best days on Cap to Snowmass traverse....all of it just wouldn't have been possible without Bill and this site.

My interests these days are all over the board.....motorcycles, long distance hiking, rock and mtn's.....but without this site I would have been lost in my quest to be on top of 14er's.

Yes.....thanks!

Mike
"There's a feeling I get when I look to the West and my spirit is crying for leaving" Led Zeppelin
Wentzl
14ers: 58  20 
13ers: 55
Trip Reports (49)

Post by Wentzl »

Thanks.
Shorter of Breath and One Day Closer . . .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZXKgl8turY

"Social Justice" = Injustice
painless4u2
14ers: 58 
Trip Reports (8)

Post by painless4u2 »

habaceeba wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:19 pm Where did you live in Texas? I'm a native Texan born in Abilene. My entire family still lives there. I have lived here since 2006 and I will NEVER move back to that bass-ackwards state, EVER. Every time I go back I am more afraid of the people there. There is so much ignorance it's astounding, but hey 'the people are friendly.' :roll:
And some of us ignoramuses have climbed more 14ers than you, sweetheart. Just sayin'. Don't mess with Texas, know what I mean?
Bad decisions often make good stories.

IPAs + Ambien = "14ers" post (Bill M.)

In their hearts humans plan their course, but the Lord establishes their steps. Proverbs 16:9
habaceeba
14ers: 27 
13ers: 93 1 1
Trip Reports (3)

Post by habaceeba »

painless4u2 wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:10 pm
habaceeba wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:19 pm Where did you live in Texas? I'm a native Texan born in Abilene. My entire family still lives there. I have lived here since 2006 and I will NEVER move back to that bass-ackwards state, EVER. Every time I go back I am more afraid of the people there. There is so much ignorance it's astounding, but hey 'the people are friendly.' :roll:
And some of us ignoramuses have climbed more 14ers than you, sweetheart. Just sayin'. Don't mess with Texas, know what I mean?
I didn't know you personally were an ignoramus. I'm sorry to hear that. I didn't call out every single Texan, geez. It's just that my political leanings don't mesh well with most Texans anymore. Most Texans have guns and absolutely no worldview past their noses and I (obviously) have a big mouth. That's not a good mix. And since you started a pissing contest, where's your 13er list?