What do you guys do for work/careers?

Items that do not fit the categories above.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
rperth
Trip Reports (0)

Re: What do you guys do for work/careers?

Post by rperth »

:lol:
mgl45
14ers: 1 
13ers: 1
Trip Reports (0)

Post by mgl45 »

JaredJohnson wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:30 pm
mgl45 wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:48 pm I wonder if anyone has made a mountain climbing video game. Haven't found one so far.
The Climb for oculus quest. It's not amazing but maybe as good as it could be
Thanks!
My-Therapy
14ers: 57  2 
13ers: 31 2
Trip Reports (0)

Post by My-Therapy »

Run a plant nursery on the Western Slope growing primarily Rocky Mountain and Colorado Plateau native plants. Most sales are online and I ship all over the country. Spring and early Summer are crazy and too busy to hike or backpack, however late summer into Fall I have time again. Winters off so plenty of time to trail run, hike, and ski.
noob_hiker
14ers: 58 
13ers: 9
Trip Reports (0)

Post by noob_hiker »

I am a freight broker for a major 3PL firm based in Chicago but have been working remotely in CO since March 2020. Finally heading back to Chi next month :(
i hike so i can eat unhealthily
SkaredShtles
Trip Reports (0)

Post by SkaredShtles »

noob_hiker wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 11:16 am I am a freight broker for a major 3PL firm based in Chicago but have been working remotely in CO since March 2020. Finally heading back to Chi next month :(
Back to Chicago?!?

Pika
14ers: 53 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Pika »

I am just a little social worker type of gal saving the world one plastic and elderly at a time....Yes, I am a superhero.
ltlFish99
14ers: 49  3  2 
13ers: 51
Trip Reports (0)

Post by ltlFish99 »

After spending decades working in Large data centers doing technology work, I am now retired.
SkiFree
Trip Reports (0)

Post by SkiFree »

I am an Environmental reclamation contractor specializing in stream restoration and abandoned mine land reclamation across the western half of the state.

Basically I am that guy operating heavy equipment in the remote corners of our national parks and to make it even worse I am also the party pooper installing those darn metal grates on historic mine shafts/adits.

If you guys don't hate my already I also own a small excavation company specializing in property development in mountain communities.
Sglm14
14ers: 58  7 
13ers: 74 5
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Sglm14 »

Registered Nurse
noreaster
14ers: 22 
13ers: 1
Trip Reports (4)

Post by noreaster »

Emerging technology exploration and experimentation, tech and business innovation, innovation culture, processes....anything to do with innovation for fintech and insuretech. For 4 years before Covid I worked remotely from about 60 countries....got to see, climb, hike, trek, camp in some pretty cool places. Limited travel now, so I got myself an altitude generator, I miss thinner air. I am in the northeast, need to make it to CO in between the variant waves.
speth
14ers: 58  5 
13ers: 44
Trip Reports (3)

Post by speth »

My-Therapy wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:04 pm Run a plant nursery on the Western Slope growing primarily Rocky Mountain and Colorado Plateau native plants. Most sales are online and I ship all over the country. Spring and early Summer are crazy and too busy to hike or backpack, however late summer into Fall I have time again. Winters off so plenty of time to trail run, hike, and ski.
Have a website?

All I want is to just have fun, live my life like a son of a gun
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Sarcasm or not, it's not even funny to post something like this. Not at this time. Reported.
arianna2
14ers: 58 
13ers: 9
Trip Reports (45)

Post by arianna2 »

Nurse practitioner. Work in family practice part time so plenty of time for hiking. Bless all you IT guru's that help the ever crashing EMRs that plague the profession.