Anyone have a copy of Derek A. Wolfe's _Colorado Front Range Thirteeners_ they'd sell me?

Items that do not fit the categories above.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
[prefontaine]
Trip Reports (0)

Anyone have a copy of Derek A. Wolfe's _Colorado Front Range Thirteeners_ they'd sell me?

Post by [prefontaine] »

Hello-

Would anyone have an extra copy of Derek A. Wolfe's Colorado Front Range Thirteeners that they'd be willing to sell me?

Thank you in advance for any replies.
LetsGoMets
14ers: 58  5 
13ers: 132 6
Trip Reports (2)

Re: Anyone have a copy of Derek A. Wolfe's _Colorado Front Range Thirteeners_ they'd sell me?

Post by LetsGoMets »

[prefontaine] wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 3:53 pm Hello-

Would anyone have an extra copy of Derek A. Wolfe's Colorado Front Range Thirteeners that they'd be willing to sell me?

Thank you in advance for any replies.
My copy is like gold to me, but I'm verifying it is one of the best guidebooks I've ever owned.
[prefontaine]
Trip Reports (0)

Re: Anyone have a copy of Derek A. Wolfe's _Colorado Front Range Thirteeners_ they'd sell me?

Post by [prefontaine] »

LGM:

Appreciate you confirming it's worth the chase; I was able to check a copy out from the library, but I'd like to have one for myself. Fingers crossed!
Stratosfearsome
14ers: 58  2  33 
13ers: 244 9 3
Trip Reports (10)

Post by Stratosfearsome »

I bought a copy at Neptune in Boulder a couple years ago. Could call them to ask.
Nobody climbs 14ers anymore, they’re too crowded.
[prefontaine]
Trip Reports (0)

Post by [prefontaine] »

SF: thank you for your suggestion- I gave them a buzz last week and they were out as well. I'm starting to think I might have better luck looking for The Codex of Leicester instead! :lol: Cheers!
SurfNTurf
14ers: 58  28 
13ers: 127 7
Trip Reports (48)

Post by SurfNTurf »

You could try PM’ing Derek here directly, username Furthermore. There’s always a chance he has an extra box laying around. His other 13er guides are magic as well!
“There are two kinds of climbers: those who climb because their heart sings when they’re in the mountains, and all the rest.” - Alex Lowe

"There have been joys too great to describe in words, and there have been griefs upon which I cannot dare to dwell; and with those in mind I say, 'Climb if you will, but remember that courage and strength are nought without prudence, and that a momentary negligence may destroy the happiness of a lifetime. Do nothing in haste, look well to each step, and from the beginning think what may be the end.'" - Edward Whymper
randalmartin
14ers: 58  1 
13ers: 48 2
Trip Reports (13)

Post by randalmartin »

I have one I would be willing to sell. Brand new condition. PM if interested and to agree on price. I live in Castle Rock and so could meet somewhere to avoid shipping if you are local.
FireOnTheMountain
14ers: 53  1  23 
13ers: 269 29
Trip Reports (23)

Post by FireOnTheMountain »

He might be in a cave at the moment but I sent him this.

Pretty certain he has boxes of books in his basement and can hook you up....but ya shoot him a message as Surfy said above.
Everyday is a G r A t E f U L Day here in the ID...?
austinpavlas
14ers: 58  2 
13ers: 34
Trip Reports (0)

Post by austinpavlas »

If anyone else has an extra copy around I would interested in buying one as well.
[prefontaine]
Trip Reports (0)

Post by [prefontaine] »

SNT: can you believe I actually contacted him through Sharp End Publishing (his associate, actually... he was out caving as FOTM correctly speculated), and he didn't have any extras, either!

Randal, you are the MAN. Going to PM you right now- thank you for potentially making this happen. Truly appreciate.
justiner
14ers: 58  8 
13ers: 138
Trip Reports (40)

Post by justiner »

Stratosfearsome wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 7:12 am I bought a copy at Neptune in Boulder a couple years ago. Could call them to ask.
I checked Neptune yesterday - they only have his Tenmile/Mosquito book on the shelf.

If everything falls through, I have a copy you can have, I don't want payment to me, but make a one-time donation to CFI for what you think would be a fair price - I'll trust ya. Derek does a good job with his guidebooks for sure.
Monster5
14ers: 58  31 
13ers: 289 37
Trip Reports (27)

Post by Monster5 »

I thought his basement boxes were toasted in a fire? There were plans to update the Front Range guide with additional peaks in a second edition, but then Derek disappeared into holes.
"The road to alpine climbing is pocked and poorly marked, ending at an unexpectedly closed gate 5 miles from the trailhead." - MP user Beckerich