24 Hour 14ers Record (Female) Attempt

Items that do not fit the categories above.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
AnnaG22
14ers: 58  7  20 
13ers: 124 3 6
Trip Reports (5)

Re: 24 Hour 14ers Record (Female) Attempt

Post by AnnaG22 »

ANDREA IS A ROCKSTAR!!!
"The love of wilderness is more than a hunger for what is always beyond reach; it is also an expression of loyalty to the earth, the earth which bore us and sustains us, the only home we shall ever know, the only paradise we ever need – if only we had the eyes to see." -Ed Abbey

"I get scared sometimes—lots of times—but it's not bad. You know? I feel close to myself. When I'm out there at night, I feel close to my own body, I can feel my blood moving, my skin and my fingernails, everything, it's like I'm full of electricity and I'm glowing in the dark—I'm on fire almost—I'm burning away into nothing—but it doesn't matter because I know exactly who I am." from The Things They Carried
Phill the Thrill
14ers: 58  4 
13ers: 60
Trip Reports (6)

Post by Phill the Thrill »

AnnaG22 wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 4:15 pm ANDREA IS A ROCKSTAR!!!
Better than a rockstar! (no drugs)
"Everyone wants to live on top of the mountain, but all the happiness and growth occurs while you're climbing it." - Andy Rooney
nyker
14ers: 58 
13ers: 25
Trip Reports (69)

Post by nyker »

Wow amazing. That would normally take me a whole summer to complete coming out on few trips! Congrats!
XterraRob
14ers: 42  7 
13ers: 14
Trip Reports (4)

Post by XterraRob »

When are you going for the record AnnaG?
RIP - M56
Re-introduce Grizzly Bears into the Colorado Wilderness™
AnnaG22
14ers: 58  7  20 
13ers: 124 3 6
Trip Reports (5)

Post by AnnaG22 »

Phill the Thrill wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 2:33 pm
Better than a rockstar! (no drugs)
that's because she gets that endorphin high 8)
"The love of wilderness is more than a hunger for what is always beyond reach; it is also an expression of loyalty to the earth, the earth which bore us and sustains us, the only home we shall ever know, the only paradise we ever need – if only we had the eyes to see." -Ed Abbey

"I get scared sometimes—lots of times—but it's not bad. You know? I feel close to myself. When I'm out there at night, I feel close to my own body, I can feel my blood moving, my skin and my fingernails, everything, it's like I'm full of electricity and I'm glowing in the dark—I'm on fire almost—I'm burning away into nothing—but it doesn't matter because I know exactly who I am." from The Things They Carried
LoveThisSite
14ers: 58  6 
13ers: 12
Trip Reports (0)

Post by LoveThisSite »

Happened to see her interview -
https://kdvr.com/news/local/dozen-14ers ... ink-block1

Simply amazing! Waiting for the 14er speed record attempt..
andrewhamilton
14ers: 58  2  58 
13ers: 95
Trip Reports (3)

Post by andrewhamilton »

Hey! Thanks everyone who showed up at the 14er happy hour for Dan, and for all the enthusiasm and support you showed Andrea!

I did a quick write up and added some pics and it is now listed on the fkt website at this location:
https://fastestknowntime.com/fkt/andre ... 2022-08-01

Thanks to Riley for those pictures i was blown away at how he captured the action.