Which 14er is the closest to Anchorage?

14ers in California and Washington state or any other peak in the USA
Forum rules
Please do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website. For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
d_baker
14ers:summits58 winter15 
13ers:summits277 winter9 
Trip Reports (57)

Re: Which 14er is the closest to Anchorage?

Post by d_baker » Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:43 am

CaptCO wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:14 am
Ash, a member on this forum named Graham Gedman took me down an unknown route and we spent the night out .5 mi from my vehicle. Don’t listen to all the has-beens
Personal Accountability:
"being willing to answer … for the outcomes resulting from your choices, behaviors, and actions." When you're personally accountable, you take ownership of situations that you're involved in.
(copied/paste source)
Applies in decision making in the hills.

And nice tip of the hat to your partner that day. Classy. You must have been the sheep following the Shepard??

From yours truly,

A Has-Been
Ptglhs
14ers:summits58 winter8 
13ers:summits72 winter3 
Trip Reports (2)

Post by Ptglhs » Sun Oct 11, 2020 11:03 am

CaptCO wrote:
Ash, a member on this forum named Graham Gedman took me down an unknown route and we spent the night out .5 mi from my vehicle. Don’t listen to all the has-beens
Above treeline is not .5 mile from your car on Belford/Oxford. s**t happens, but maybe have some humility for your part in it and gratitude to the SAR members who gave up their Thanksgiving weekend to pull you, your dog, and hiking partner out of the mine shaft where you spent the night.

Also, since you have been rescued by SAR maybe don't make fun of people who have been seriously injured and needed rescue. You've done that twice.
CaptCO
14ers:summits58 winter1 
13ers:summits32 
Trip Reports (5)

Post by CaptCO » Sun Oct 11, 2020 11:07 am

Hey,

Eat a dick, you're wrong :-D

I'm off this thread now the goon squad has shown up :lol:
Ptglhs wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 11:03 am
CaptCO wrote:
Above treeline is not .5 mile from your car on Belford/Oxford. s**t happens, but maybe have some humility for your part in it and gratitude to the SAR members who gave up their Thanksgiving weekend to pull you, your dog, and hiking partner out of the mine shaft where you spent the night.

Also, since you have been rescued by SAR maybe don't make fun of people who have been seriously injured and needed rescue. You've done that twice.
https://www.alltrails.com/explore/recor ... tains--308
mtnkub
14ers:summits58 ski1 
13ers:summits78 ski2 winter2 
Trip Reports (5)

Post by mtnkub » Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:01 pm

Hey now! No pulling any ZNixon's on this heartwarming threat!
greenonion
14ers:summits32 winter1 
13ers:summits1 

Post by greenonion » Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:30 pm

CaptCO wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 11:07 am
Hey,

Eat a dick, you're wrong :-D

I'm off this thread now the goon squad has shown up :lol:
Ptglhs wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 11:03 am
CaptCO wrote:

https://www.alltrails.com/explore/recor ... tains--308
The vernacular these days. “Eat a dick”. Gotta freshen up on this stuff I guess
Oh wild West Wind, thou breath of Autumn’s being...

Ode to the West Wind