Climbing Forums for California?

14ers in California and Washington state or any other peak in the USA
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
12ersRule
14ers: 58 
13ers: 157
Trip Reports (4)

Re: Climbing Forums for California?

Post by 12ersRule »

Imagine this crowd arguing about the list - the 12 ranked ones vs. the 15 generally agreed on 14ers???
nyker
14ers: 58 
13ers: 25
Trip Reports (69)

Post by nyker »

12ersRule wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 3:06 pm Imagine this crowd arguing about the list - the 12 ranked ones vs. the 15 generally agreed on 14ers???
...and Class 3 vs Class 4, CA class 3 vs CO Class 3,
mtn_nut
14ers: 58  14 
13ers: 35 1
Trip Reports (5)

Post by mtn_nut »

peakbagger or listsofjohn for gps and trip reports. I really hope more people start using the trip reports on peakbagger to put up short trip reports when stuff is out of season (late fall - mid-spring).

I really try to put something up on peakbagger anytime I climb something that doesn't have much info.
Fletch Lives
14ers: 47  17 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Fletch Lives »

Forgive me, but it's refreshing not to have a go-to climbing forum these days. I remember when I had ST, CC, MP, SP, 14ers, 14erWorld, PB, LOJ, TGR, and all the rest set as browser favorites just to keep up. It was exhausting. And it didn't really make me a better climber either. I did meet some nice folks which was a plus. But you could accomplish the same with Sierra Club, CMC, Mazamas, etc...

When I do get out (which isn't much anymore), I sort of like the research part of it and if some piece of information regarding the trip isn't readily available, so be it. All the more fun.
Uh. Well, I've sinned. I didn't take any Polaroids or anything. But, yeah, I've sinned.